Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sometimes you gotta kick some butt

My editor sent me this and I couldn't resist posting it here. I have this thing for take-no-bull Harley biker riders. In fact, there's a gang of geriatric biker witches in The Accidental Demon Slayer and I think they'd be high-fiving these real-life Harley riders for what they did at the Southern Cross Cruiser Club in Sydney, Australia. The gist of the story is this:

Two masked, machete wielding would-be bad ass robbers burst into a bar, looking to rob and pillage. Instead, they ran straight into a monthly meeting of about 50 bikers. The angry bikers fought back with tables, chairs, pretty much anything that wasn't bolted down. They subdued one would-be robber in the bar, and chased down the other one outside, crash-tackled him, hog tied him with electrical wire and left him for the police.

Here's the link if you want to read more. http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/02/28/biker.meeting/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

So you see, while there's room for political correctness in this world, room for rules and what we "should" do. Sometimes, you need to paint outside the lines, channel your inner biker and kick some butt.

6 comments:

azteclady said...

:giggling:

Oh man, that's just too cool for words!

Angie Fox said...

I just want to be that tough. Sigh. Only in my own mind.

azteclady said...

Angie, you are going to love this. Srsly!

Angie Fox said...

OMG That kid has it right! I about dropped my computer (and my husband wonders why I keep going through laptops).

azteclady said...

*cheeky grin* I knew you'd like it.

(And that is one smart kid!)

Natalie Hatch said...

I told you us Aussies have the best fun. For a country that has strict anti-gun laws we still have a few try to be stupid, but you've got to be silly trying to take on any of the motorcycle clubs here, they're like your mafia in a way.
What about the guy in New Zealand that was throwing a hedgehog at a boy... my thought was, wow never thought of that as a weapon.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/unusual-tales/fined-for-throwing-hedgehog-at-teen/2008/05/30/1211654254464.html