Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The winner and other exciting news

First off, I know y'all want to know who won the Wanderlust arc. So I won't pussyfoot around before naming the lucky soul.

BOXINGKING, come on down! I need your actual name and mailing address in order to get this mailed out. Here are the rules. By accepting this arc, you agree to read and review the book on or before the street date of August 26th. You can post said review on your blog; if you do not have a blog, then an online forum that talks about books or B&N or Amazon will do. If BOXINGKING has not responded within a week, then I will redraw the winner.

This contest was totally fun. I read the story out loud to my husband last night, and we both agree it has a fun, Douglas Addams feel to it. It's going to take me a couple of weeks to edit and finish this, but look for the complete story to be posted on my Free Reads page sometime in July.

For news, I've sure had some excitement this week. I sold some books, which you can read about here. SmartBitch Sarah put me a list of must-read authors, along with such luminaries as Nora Roberts and Kresley Cole; you can read about that here. Finally, Grimspace has been featured on this Publishers Weekly blog. I invite all of you to go on over there and comment.

Thanks for your enthusiastic response to the contest. You really made this fun. What are your favorite kinds of contests anyway? I think I'm pretty creative, but I can always use good suggestions. I love giving away loot, but I like doing it in unusual ways.

9 comments:

azteclady said...

Congrats, Boxingking!

The most unusual giveaway I've been part of was one by Ann Christopher at Access Romance--she asked for suggestions on vacuums and pet hair cleaning stuff. You should go read the stories... :grin:

Angie Fox said...

Congrats, Boxingking! You're going to love Wanderlust.

Wendy said...

Congrats Boxingking!

Kristen said...

Congrats, Boxingking! I'm envious. :)

As far as contests go, I think that was a really good idea for a contest and very fun. My favorite contests are now that one and one I participated in a few months ago in which participants had to come up with agent pick up lines.

Ann Aguirre said...

Don't worry, guys. I'll be giving away a ton of these over on Smart Bitches on July 5th. So go see fireworks, eat lots of BBQ and potato salad, and then go try to win one of 25 (yes, 25! arcs). It's gonna be arcapalooza up in there.

Kristen, that's a really great idea. Who ran that particular contest?

Lori T said...

Congrats Boxingking!!!

Kristen said...

Thanks for the heads up about the next contest. I know what I'll be doing on the 5th. :)

The agent pick up line contest was here:
http://superwench83.livejournal.com/32452.html

It was a lot of fun.

Alexandra said...

Congratulation Boxingking.

I think this one was one of my favorite contest. it was real fun.

BoxingKing said...

AAH! I can't believe I won!!! Holy cow! When I read that I sat dazed for a few minutes. Problem is, I can't get the email links to work on my computer... I emailed you, Mrs. Anne Aguirre, on facebook. Can we do it through there at all? I'm messing with my email system on the computer, the one that comes with Word, but I can't get it to work. I live under a technological rock...

Thank you so much for the ARC!!!!!

BoxingKing