Monday, July 21, 2008

An Embarrassment of Riches

I've been writing professionally for several years now, and this year, suddenly, I find myself faced with something that I've never had to deal with before... I actually have too much to do.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but, frankly, I'm used to a little more lesuire (particularly now, which is my "still waiting for the revision letter" time.) Tradtionally, this is supposed to be my opportunity to goof off and regroup before I start the revisions and then begin work on the next Garnet Lacey book.

Instead, tonight I need to write not one, but two synopses. The first is for a science fiction novel that my alternate personality is contracted to write. She/I will also need to scribble out a note to my publishers for cover ideas... which is something I've never had to do before (and I find the thought a bit daunting, though fun.) The other synopsis is for a group book project that a number of other romance writers are trying to put together by September. I'm really excited about this particular project, but I haven't had much time to work on it yet. Tonight, I've decided it's finally time to put nose to grindstone.

No more video games and catching up on episodes of "Lost." I don't want to squander any of these opportunities, so I'm going to have to get cracking. I'd feel anxious about it all, but, at the end of the day try to remind myself that this is one of the best jobs ever, so just shut up about it and thank the God/dess for an embarrassment of riches.

P.S. I finally got some book-sized envelopes at the store on Friday, so I'll be sending out the packages to all the winners from last week's contest! Thanks again for playing, that was a great deal of fun. (Also: I'm still waiting on threee people to send me their snail mail -- if you haven't done it yet, please email me at: tate.hallaway@gmail.com).

1 comment:

azteclady said...

It's okay, LOST is devolved so much, you can catch up later :grin:

May the productivity gods be with you!