Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The party continues

This week we're giving away goodies, celebrating the release of our books. This is good timing for me because Wanderlust (Jax 2) is coming out next month. If you haven't already read Grimspace, this is your chance to acquire a copy before the next book comes out.

Anyway, I love this website. It has tech-goodies that could come directly from Jax's world. Here are five things from that site that I totally don't need and I'd love to have.

OHSO Pocket Toothbrush

"Toothpaste is stored in the handle for safekeeping and the window shows you how much paste is in the chamber. Turn the knob clockwise and paste is dispensed though the rubber nozzle on the bristle head. Tilt down and paste is delivered directly to the bristles."

You can also refill it from any tube. Doesn't it look totally future cool? Plus, no more worries about leakage in your bag while traveling.

Pirate vs Ninja Batteries
I don't know if I could pick, though. Regarding the battle between pirates vs ninjas, I admit it -- I've waffled. So what if I buy a pack of each... and power the remote with... both? Will there be a micro-nuclear explosion fueled by the age-old conflict and then my whole house will be sucked into an alternate dimension where everyone is either a pirate or a ninja? I say it's worth $2.99 a pack to find out!

USB Hidden Flash Drive Watch
"Since you are probably the clever type, we suspect you could easily find many places to hide a small USB flash drive. Some of these hiding spots may be perfectly legit, but others might just be too clever for your own good. So, to protect you from yourself we'd like to introduce a watch with the ideal hiding spot already built-in. This watch features an ample 4GB capacity USB flash drive that slips neatly into the watch case."

A 4G (that's huge!) flash drive, cunningly hidden. Isn't that utterly awesome? It's just what a writer needs. I would feel totally like a secret agent walking around with all my books clipped to my wrist.

Titanium spork
"The spork of the gods! Every mythic hero normally has an equally mythic weapon. Zeus had his thunderbolts. Thor had his hammer, Mjolnir. King Arthur had his Excalibur. Frodo and Bilbo had their Sting. Rhydderch Hael had his Dyrnwyn. King Kong had his bananas…you get the idea. It's time for you to join the ranks of the heroes and heroines of lore as you wield your own legendary weapon in your battle against a very powerful foe: hunger."

Sporks are just awesome geekery, and to make one out of titanium? Genius.

Finally, last but not least... here's the one I really covet.

Book Vault

"We've glued two random hardcover books together, drilled out several hundred pages, and boom-shanka! You've got the perfect hiding space for nearly 80 cubic inches of stuff. Place these books crammed full of treasure on your bookshelf, and nobody will be the wiser."

I want this soooo bad. Isn't it the coolest hiding place you've ever seen? And with the amount of books we have in the house, this would totally blend right in. No more losing important stuff!

So that's a glimpse into what I covet. Not diamonds, not expensive clothes. Geek-tech. If you were thinking, huh, I know Ann's birthday is coming up next month, but what on earth do I get her... well, wonder no more.Any of those items would tickle me pink (are you reading this, dear husband?) and at very reasonable prices.

So what stuff do you not need but you'd totally love to have? Tell me what you long for and I'll pick a couple of you to receive copies of Grimspace.

16 comments:

nascarandbeans said...

cool gadgets.. id have to say what id love to have is a kindle... im still hoping..

Ericka said...

I want a heated towel rack. Total luxury that I really don't need. the other thing I want is one of those comfort bed loungers with a light. It would allow me to either sit up in my bed and read or sit in front of my fireplace and read with comfortable back support :).

I already have Grimspace so I don't need to be entered but I liked this topic

azteclady said...

(please don't enter me in the contest--you know why! :grin: )

Right now? The tech stuff I don't need but want is an e-reader. Non-tech? A garden shed.


Yeah, I'm boring :grin:

sidhevicious said...

Ooohhh, me likes that website! I LOVE cool little tech gadgets too. :D I am exactly the same as you, I'd rather have cool stuff like the ones you listed than clothes, shoes, perfume, jewelry or make-up.

I'm also jonesing for a Kindle, and I am forever wanting newer, bigger, more powerful computers/laptops, digital cameras, TV's, DVD recorders and pretty much anything to do with any kind of electronic devices.

And Books, I always have to have more books, lol. I'd love to win a copy of GrimSpace. :)

ireadwhat said...

Lots and lots of things! I think the top on the list right now is LED Shower Light on Think Geek
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/a446/

or a grab bags of shirts from http://shirt.woot.com/

I got my husband the titanium sporks from Think Geek for Christmas, he LOVES them.

lysrian

Bunny B said...

Cool stuff!! What would I want? Well, I would love a new laptop and digicam! Other than that, I'm fine :)
bunnybox9 at gmail . com

paigemaddison said...

Wow, I'm so not into TECH stuff right now... I love that stuff, if I ever need it.. I'll know where to look...

Right now I need a storage shead... we've out grown our house! (ok I've got to many books so I could use a kendle to save space)

Carmen R said...

Ok I'm like a kid when it comes to gadgets, I see one and then I'm like I have to have it but i rarely get what i want. If I had to pick I think it would be the Armchair Cruiser and a beer buddy called Asahi ( it's a robot that serves you beer) lol

Brandy said...

Hmm, tech wise I wouldn't mind a kindle. *G* Non-tech wise I want many thing. *G*

Have you seen this site: www.thinkgeek.com
The shirt that detects wi-fi is fun! *G*

Just another SAHM said...

Oooh a Kindle for certain!!
Behind that would be an AeroGarden Garden System and Herb Kit. I don't really need it but for some reason I just really, really want it. ;)


http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/5a65/
I am SO getting this for my husband - caffeinated soap - Shower Shock lol

Night critter said...

Pretty much the only gadget my little heart desires at the moment is a Kindle.

LadyVampire2u said...

I think I'll go with the majority and say a Kindle. I've never had an ebook reader before and it would be nice to be able to read all my ebooks away from the computer.

azteclady said...

I just found something else to covet. I don't need it, really, but I do covet it. Roarke Industries Mousepad (scroll down a bit for it, then click on the image for the legend)

Lori T said...

Very cool gadgets and I have to agree that the book "safe" is very cool and would be awesome to have.

I would love to have would love to have an e-book reader...don't see it actually happening but I do want one.

Please don't enter me in the contest...whoever wins will be very lucky because Grimspace is absolutely wonderful!!!

nascarandbeans said...

im still ingriqued with the spork.. how cool and half the dirty silverware.. hehe.

ChariDee said...

Is it too late to enter for a free book? Because I'd love to read it, and I can covet. Oh man, can I covet! First off, I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle! Oh wait, that's not me.

Like everyone else, I'd love to have a Kindle, however, the money fairy has yet to visit my house. I'm also Jonesin' for that robot chick that can clean my house like nobodies business.