Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Release day, San Franciso and RIP to the garden

Happy release day to me, Happy release day to me... The Accidental Demon Slayer is out today. Yay! And to celebrate, I'm:

Getting up at 6:30 a.m. (bad)
Flying out to San Francisco (good)
Dooming my tomato plants to an early death (bad, but unavoidable)

I'm serious about the tomatoes. When I left for the RWA conference in Dallas last year, my loving husband forgot to water my garden for a week. The plants were brown when I got back. In all fairness, he kept the kids alive and fed. That's the important thing, right?

This year, he swears he has the garden covered. Still, the signs aren't good. Number one, my houseplants died untimely deaths when I went to L.A. last month. He even forgot to water the ones on the windowsill above the kitchen sink. Didn't see them. Oh and the ones next to the BBQ while he, erm, BBQ'ed. Didn't see 'em as they turned brown, brown, brown...and stick-like. RIP geraniums.

But that's not the point. The point is that I'm going to be at RWA Nationals this week. *squee* and I'd love to see you if you're there.

#1: I'll be at the Literacy for Life signing on Wednesday night from 5:30 - 7:30
#2: I'll be at the Marriott bar afterward, and on most other nights after the evening sessions wind down

So stop by, say hi. Let's have fun in San Francisco and perhaps raise a glass to the plants that had to fend off squirrels, author deadlines (I did make them turn yellow one time) and the St. Louis heat, only to lose it to RWA. RIP.

10 comments:

Bunny B said...

Happy release day, Angie!! Woohoo!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! :) *Squeee*
Have fun in San Fran!

Karen MacInerney said...

I'm flying out today, too... hope to see you there, Angie!

And congratulations on the release!

nascarandbeans said...

congrats.. id sacrifice my garden for SF... lol.. have a great time..

sidhevicious said...

Happy Release Day Angie! I hope you have a great time in San Francisco. :)

You could always try the cover every available surface in post-it notes for the hubby? :D If he sees WATER MY PLANTS everywhere he goes, he might remember.

Just another SAHM said...

Book release trumps tomatoes every single time!! You can always pick some up at the farmer's market & tell everyone you grew them...they'll never know!! :)

Happy Happy Release Day Angie! All your STLMom friends are buying up copies as we speak...er write. lol

Brandy said...

Congratulations on Release Day! Have fun at RWA!

Natalie Hatch said...

Happy Release Day to Yoooooo
Happy Release Day to Yoooooo
Happy Release Day
Happy Release Day
May everyone buy one for Yooooooooo.

Have fun at the conference, if you see Barry Eisler tell him I said hello and get photos. (that man is a hunk Angie).

Angie Fox said...

Tee hee - you guys are so great. San Francisco is gorgeous (cold), and a world away from my poor tomato plants sweltering on the deck in St. Louis.

Looking forward to seeing you, Karen.

And I may just try those post it notes (or the farmer's market).

Off to go look for Barry Eisler...

Just another SAHM said...

Good news Angie - it rained last night aka your plants got watered!! Good thing, too, because it was icky sticky hot yesterday. Who knows...those babies might be alive when you get home afterall.

Angie Fox said...

One can only hope. There were three small green tomatoes on the vines, which would be a bounty by my gardening standards. Come on, little guys...!

I asked my husband last night if he'd watered my plants and he said, "What? Oh yeah. Um. I unloaded the dish washer!" The 'ole evade and distract method.