Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Birthday wishes

So today is my birthday.

No, I'm not telling you exactly how old I am, but I'm still in my thirties. What am I doing today? I'm glad you asked! The family and I are taking an expedition to the only English bookstore I'm aware of in the city, Libros Libros. It's halfway between Reforma and Palmas, if you know the area. If you don't, then more specific directions indicating it's in Lomas Barrilaco will mean nothing to you anyway. We'll do a little browsing and then have a nice dinner down there.

Since it's my birthday, I get to ask for stuff today. Yippee! Here's what I want from you, dear readers. Go to Amazon and bring up Wanderlust. If you've read the book, post your thoughts about it. If not, when you do read it (and you will, won't you?) then post something then. Then come back here and tell me you did it, so I can go read your thoughts. That's it, my grand birthday wish.

If you do this by next Wednesday, there might be in a little something in it for you. No, I'm not telling you. It might be a sweetly handwritten thank-you note from me or the really cool pen on my desk. I don't have to tell you what the prize is in order for you to do something nice for me on my birthday, do I? *puppy eyes*

Anyway, I'm off. I hope y'all have a great day, whatever you're doing.

11 comments:

Kimberly B. said...

Happy Birthday! I've never posted a review on Amazon before, but Wanderlust totally deserved it!

Lori T said...

Happy Birthday!!

I posted my review over at Amazon...although, I thought that I had posted it a long time ago. I really loved Wanderlust...it was amazing!

Bunny B said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie!! Hope you have a fab one! :)

Natalie Hatch said...

Happy Birthday Ann you're not getting older, you're aging like a fine wine to be appreciated and adored by those around you.
Hope today brings lots of goodies your way.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Ann! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Ann Aguirre said...

Aw, thank you Kim.

Lori, you sent me a copy, but Amazon doesn't allow posting before the release date, so that's why you haven't. Thank you so much!

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone.

azteclady said...

Feliz cumpleaños, Ann!

Que el futuro traiga salud y felicidad cada día, para tí y todos los que amas.

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday! I will gladly post my thoughts, when I read it this weekend. (I'm getting it for my b-day Sunday.)
I hope you have a fabulous day! Birthday wishes to you!

sula said...

woot! Happy birthday to US!!! Who knew that August 27 was such an auspicious day, eh? I hope you had a good one.

thanks again for that fun vegas book. hottest cover evah!

(I am polishing off a bottle of riesling by myself at the moment, so I apologize in advance for any mispellings and silliness. :-) )

Katie said...

Ann-

I posted my review from my LJ over at Amazon. I hesitate to say it since I didn't give it a rave. I honestly liked Grimspace better.

Katie

Ann Aguirre said...

No worries, Katie! Thanks for posting a review.