All things considered, I think I'm a fairly organized person. I always hit my deadlines, I know where to find my keys and I can usually find a matching pair of shoes for the kids. But something happened last night that made me question my abilities - I went to post Joanna Campbell Slan's guest blog for today...and couldn't find it. She'd emailed it a month in advance. How's that for planning? But is it in my inbox? Eek. Perhaps Pirate ate it.
My lack of ability to locate a single email had me questioning my organizational skills. That's when I started comparing myself. Joanna's protagonist is a scrapbook expert and creates all of these great photo pages for a living. Our last two years of family photos are still in the Snapfish envelopes. Hmmm...
Good thing I have the solution: a quiz. Because online quizzes really do offer the answers to life's questions, right? I went online and found an Are You Organized? quiz. The scary thing is that I scored pretty well.
So how organized are you?
Give yourself 10 points for every "yes" answer.
1) Do you know how long it takes you to get up and out the door in the morning?
2) Do you arrive early or on time for appointments?
3) Do you return calls and emails the same day?
4) Have your bills and credit cards been paid on time for the last six months?
5) Do you know how much money you have in your purse and banking accounts?
6) Do you know how much gas you have in your tank? Is your car clutter-free?
7) Are clean clothes put away and dirty clothes in the hamper?
8) Do you know what's for dinner and how long it will take to make it?
9) Would people say you're organized?
10) Do you feel organized?
90 points or higher: you have excellent organizational skills
70-89 points: You are a generally well-organized person
50-69 points: You're struggling with organization
10-49 points: You're making things a bit hard on yourself sometimes