Friday, September 19, 2008

International Talk Like a Pirate Day


It's International Talk Like a Pirate Day and to celebrate, I'd like to welcome Something Wicked's very own Pirate the dog. He's one of the main characters in The Accidental Demon Slayer and thanks to my heroine's powers, Pirate can talk, and talk...and talk.

Pirate: Hold up. I could always talk. It just too some magical demon slaying hoo-ha for Lizzie to start listening.
Angie: Now let me make sure I'm hearing this right. Lizzie is your owner and she's a demon slayer?
Pirate: She's the best demon slayer. Well, maybe not the best. She just got her powers like a week ago. But she has me and I'm fierce. I protect her from butterflies, the vacuum cleaner, her hair dryer...and as soon as she lets me near a demon, that sucker is history!
Angie: What do you enjoy most about Lizzie's new life? I hear you're tight with a gang of geriatric biker witches?
Pirate: Oh the Red Skulls? Those ladies are nice. Fine cooks too. Last night, I ate rotisserie raccoon, possum pate, barbeque squirrel... And I'm a biker dog now! No kidding. I ride on a Harley like all of the other biker dogs. Wind in my ears, wind in my face, wind all up in my -
Angie: Thank you, Pirate. Tell me, what's the one thing you haven't done yet that you wish you could do?
Pirate: That's easy!
Angie: Non food related.
Pirate: Oh, now let me think. Hmm...I think I'd like to learn how to read. I want to see what all those paranormal romances are about. There aren't enough of them with dogs on the cover, but there's plenty that look like mighty fine reading.
Angie: A worthy goal. What's it like to be in a book that made the New York Times Bestseller list?
Pirate: You know why I think it made the list? It's got me on the cover. See, if more books had dogs on the cover, more people would want to buy them.
Angie: Thanks for sitting down with us, Pirate.
Pirate: Well, you did tell me to sit. And I've been to doggie school.
Angie: Of course. You can see more of Pirate in The Accidental Demon Slayer, which is out now. And he's also back in The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers, coming in May of '09.
Pirate: May? That's a long time to wait.
Angie: Um. Yes. Well...
Pirate: I can't count or anything, but I'm thinking that's at least one or two dog years.
Angie: How about I read you some good books in the mean time?
Pirate: Oh yeah. Now that'll be nice.
Pirate is making the blog talk rounds today. If you'd like to see more of him, and have the chance to win free books, visit two of our favorite blogs, Simply Romance Reviews and Bitten By Books.

No comments: