Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Romance Junkies have a new fan

Last week, the Romance Junkies Book Club invited me to stop by and chat for a few days. This is an online group boasting hundreds (actually about 1,800 or so) fun, crazy romance readers. So of course I knew it would be a good time. But wow - these women are crazy (in a good way). I had a blast. In fact, I was so amused by some of their questions, I have to post a few here.

RJ: Now, if you can time travel back to anywhere you'd like and only have to stay a year, where would you go? What three things would you bring with you? Me, Going to Regency time, in London, staying with a Rogue (he's also a Duke), I'm bring Toilet paper, glasses for reading their books then, and a bra (when I need relief from the corsets!)
Me: Well I'll see you in Regency England then. How about I borrow your toilet paper, lend you some of my deodorant, and perhaps some of the Ellora's Cave novels I bring (one cannot live on sweet, period books alone). But my Diet Coke stash I guard with my life. It's an addiction.

RJ: What was your worst dating experience?
Me: I was dating this cute, fun, smart investment banker. Perfect guy, only I had a feeling he wasn't crazy about my dog. I had a white toy poodle named Beau and not only was he the runt of the litter (very small) but he also had a bit of doggie attitude. My new boyfriend and my dog got along for me, which was fine, but one night after a great night out, the conversation went kind of like this:

Hot dreamboat guy: I really like you.
Me: I like you too.
Hot dreamboat guy: So, um, how long do poodles live?
Me: (a bit confused at the change of topic): Oh about 14 years, but my last dog lived to be 16.
Hot dreamboat guy: So how old is Beau?

I kid you not. He wanted to know how long my sweet, precious doggie had left on this Earth. And that's how he became my ex-cute, fun, not-so-smart, jerky investment banker.

RJ: We love Dimitri, but what made you decide to make him a griffin?
Me: Frankly, I'm surprised there aren't more griffin heroes in paranormal romance. Griffins symbolize light, protection and courage. And they're the ultimate romantic heroes because they mate for life (Lizzie doesn't know this yet). Griffins, in fact, were used as symbols of marriage in the Medieval Church because they are known for their loyalty and monogamy. So...hot, heroic and loyal. Lizzie deserves no less in a man.

RJ: If you were going to be a guy for a day, what would your name be and what would you do?
Me: I'd want to be a gay man named Kyan and I'd re-decorate my house.

If you haven't, you should check out the Romance Junkies. In my opinion, it's one of the best readers sites on the web. They're welcoming, they're fun and these women know their books. What could be better?

4 comments:

Cheryl M. said...

Speaking as a "Romance Junkie", we sure enjoyed having you over to visit Angie. You've picked up many new friends and fans!

Natalie Hatch said...

a gay man named kyan? why not donald trump then you could afford to hire kyan!! oh but the comb over thing would have to go!

Angie Fox said...

Awww...thanks, Cheryl. It was just what I needed to blow off steam after that deadline.

Angie Fox said...

Oh, Natalie, you have obviously not watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Kyan has all the style, and the moves.