Thursday, September 11, 2008

You Got to Have Friends



In the past, readers have asked about Ophelia and Darci's friendship. They want to know if it's something that parallels my life. The answer? A resounding "yes"! All of my life I've been lucky to have great girlfriends. They've been my therapists...my partners-in-crime (no, we've never been arrested, but one of my favorite quotes is: "A good friend will bail you out of jail...a great friend will be sitting next to you saying, 'dang, that was fun!'"). And they've always been there when I've needed them. Honestly...I've needed them a lot! They've seen me through some very tough times, and along with my family, they're the most important thing in my life! I couldn't survive without my "peeps!" (Well, maybe I could, but life in a mental hospital wouldn't be much fun! :))

Now I'm going to celebrate one of those very special friendships. My dear friend (advisor, sounding board, and just general go-to person), Joanna Campbell Slan, has the first book of her new mystery series (PAPER SCISSORS DEATH) hitting the bookstores right now. And what better way to honor this very special lady than to blatantly promote her book! (Hey...Joanna is not only a terrific friend, but one heck of a writer! Not a biased opinion--the gang at Kirkus gave PAPER SCISSORS DEATH a glowing review! ;) ) Through the end of November, I'm running a contest on my website. We're offering some great prizes (4), and it's going to be easy to enter...just email me from my website the name of Joanna's protagonist. (Hint: the character's name is mentioned on the front page of her site! http://www.joannacampbellslan.com) Your name will be entered in the drawing for one of the prizes.

I hope you all stop by and check it out! Take care and have a great weekend!

Best,
Shirley

1 comment:

Angie Fox said...

I'm reading Paper Scissors Death right now and it's fantastic.