Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers

For anybody who has seen The Jerk, I've been doing a poor impression of Steve Martin these past few days - the new cover's here! The new cover's here!

I'm really digging Lizzie's new weapon of choice, and wishing I'd thought of it myself. According to my publishing house, the switch stars Lizzie uses in the book don't translate well to cover art, so we're just inventing wild looking weapons for the front of the book. That amuses the heck out of me - especially with this medieval look we have going here. In the third book, I'm going to have to make some kind of inside joke/reference to the range of armaments we're seeing here.

The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers is due out in May '09 and I can't wait to see what you all think of Lizzie's newest adventure.

In fact, here's the summary I wrote up for the back cover:

Demon-slaying powers should come with an instruction book…

Seriously. Why does a new hair dryer have a twelve-page how-to manual, but when it comes to ancient demon-fighting hocus-pocus, my biker witch granny gives me just half a dozen switch stars and a rah-rah speech? Oh, and a talking terrier, but that’s another story. It’s not like my job as a preschool teacher prepared me for this kind of thing.

So I’ve decided to write my own manual, The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers, because no one tells me anything. Dimitri, my “protector,” may be one stud of a shape-shifting griffin, but he always thinks he can handle everything by himself. Only he’s no match for the soul-stealing succubi taking over Las Vegas. If I can’t figure out how to save him—and Sin City—there’ll be hell to pay.

12 comments:

Natalie Hatch said...

Angie I love her shoes... I think I'm developing a shoe fetish here. Your blurb sounds great. Perhaps someone should have developed a How to Parent book, I sure could use it some days. Think I'd prefer to slay demons than deal with teething twins.

Kimberly Killion said...

Angie,
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new cover! I'm digging the medieval weaponry, too. ;c)
Kim

Just another SAHM said...

Love the cover Angie!!

Vicki said...

The cover ROCKS! I can't wait for this book to come out.

Angie Fox said...

LOL Natalie. Do you think anyone has truly ever figured out how to parent? Someone with kids, that is.

And, yes, I do demon invasions to relax when the kids are taking naps. It's much simpler to deal with the minions of hell than with a toddler and a preschooler who both want the same Barbie horse.

Angie Fox said...

Oh my Kim - you would like the medieval weapontry. Perhaps Broderick can lend us something for the next cover.

Angie Fox said...

Thanks Vicki and Betty! I'm really digging the cover too - especially Pirate on the bike. He looks like a real biker dog.

MarnieColette said...

wow. I love the cover! Can't wait until May 09

Katie said...

Great cover!!

LadyVampire2u said...

I love the cover! Looks fab. And I'm so looking forward to reading this newest adventure. I loved book one and I'm dying to read book two. I hope May of 2009 gets here quick.

Angie Fox said...

Thanks! (she says, blushing)

I'm really excited about The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers. It's a bit darker and more complex than the first book, but I think we've kept the humor too. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks.

blondmenace7 said...

oooo... I am so excited to get my hot little hands on your new book:) I sent The Accidental Demon Slayer to my best friend in New York and she loves it. Especially Pirate:) I personally love the way Lizzie transforms herself and her wardrobe and takes a "hands on" approach to what this new life has thrown at her. If only I could do that:) Can't wait for the new book:)
Stacey