Thursday, October 16, 2008

Whoops, I Almost Forgot or Time Management and Other Woes!

When I was a kid, it always bugged me when my mother said, "Gee, I don't know where the time went! Seems like the older I get, the faster it flies!" It sounded silly to my childish ears, especially on a hot summer's day when I was stuck out on the farm with nothing to do except play with my dogs. Those days seemed to drag by, so how could she feel time, as she put it, "was a-wasting"? I didn't get it.

Now I get it...suddenly it's the middle of October!!! Where did the first two weeks go??? Heck, forget that...where did the last few months go?? It seems like just yesterday I was posting about the Buttered Cow. That was August!

Why is this??? Was Mom right? Is it a sign of old age? (That explanation doesn't appeal to me! ;) ) Or is it that we're all so busy and the days just run together in one endless loop? I wish I could figure it out! Then maybe I wouldn't feel as if time is rushing by me.

What do you think? Is it age, or life in general, that makes us feel this way? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to slow time down? I'd love to hear them!

That's it for now-hope everyone has a good one and I'll see you next week!

Best,
Shirley

2 comments:

dannielo said...

If you'd like a tool for managing your time and projects, you can use this application inspired by David Allen's GTD:

http://www.Gtdagenda.com

You can use it to manage and prioritize your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, schedules and a calendar.
A mobile version and iCal are available too.

Naomi said...

Happy October, Shirley.

I think that business can cause time to fly by. I know that's the reason my days blur and blend into each other.

I hope all is going well!