Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Celebrity Sighting


I was at the mall the other night with the kids, walking between stores, when my four-year-old daughter stopped suddenly and squealed. I thought I might have run over her foot with my son's stroller, but no. Something big had happened.

"Mom, HE'S HERE!"

He who? My husband was at a football game, and the stadium would have to burn down before he'd leave early. I didn't see any kids from her preschool around. But she was already bending down, peering through the glass railing that overlooks the lower level of the mall. Below, they had Santa's Village all set up, complete with the big man himself.

"He's here! He's here!" It was Beatle-mania, toddler style.

"Well do you want to go see him?" I asked her.

"Oh no. I just want to watch."

So we went down to the Santa's Village area and watched kids meet Santa. It was a lot of fun. We talked about what she wanted for Christmas. She informed me that I need an EZ-Purse, complete with a cell phone holder (thanks infomercial). At the end, we went home without ever talking to Santa. But, really, just seeing him made her day.

What about you? Have you seen any celebrities lately? Fictional or otherwise?

1 comment:

SaturnMoonie said...

Awww that's too cute!

I haven't seen any celebrities recently...unless you count David Boreanaz every Wed. night when I watch Bones ;)