Monday, November 24, 2008

Holidays and Writing

First of all, happy early eat-a-bird day!


Now it's time for true confessions. Sometimes I wonder how it is I can call myself a writer at all, give how little I write some weeks. Last week I gave myself a break from writing to celebrate my birthday. (Listen, honey, when you get to be my age, I think it's perfectly acceptable to celebrate for a whole week. It takes me that long just to get revved up!) Now, I'm giving myself another little vacation because... uh, I need to eat.


Okay, even to my own ears my excuses are sounding kind of thin.


I guess it's time to get crackin'. Sigh.

1 comment:

Angie Fox said...

You know what, though? I think it's important to take a break once in awhile, refill the well so to speak. Just because we're writers doesn't mean we have to write all the time. I'm a huge reader but it doesn't mean I'm always reading something. Moderation is key - except on Thanksgiving, of course.