Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ghosts of Christmas Past???



And the winner of last week's contest is Aimdel!! Shoot me an email with your address, and I'll get a copy of THE WITCH'S GRAVE off to you as soon as I receive them!! And btw-I tried a lot of your suggestions-I went out with my girlfriends, cleaned my house, burned candles, read, listened to Christmas music...and made 100 bookmarks (not really Christmas "stuff", but something I needed to get done! 8) ) Yes, the tree is now up and all the decorations are out! (at least all the ones that are coming out this year! 8) ) I feel much, much better!!

Speaking of our Christmas tree-we (actually my oldest daughter and three grandsons. I was in the kitchen cooking!!) decorated the tree last Sunday, so I decided to post a picture. But when I downloaded them, I noticed something peculiar-there are little "fuzzies" in all the pictures. In one of the pictures I've posted, there's one by the clock, one over the cabinet, one over the coffee table, and one over the couch. Reflections of light? A dirty lens? Dust bunnies?...Orbs? I don't know, but whatever they are they're in a different spot in each one of the pictures! (If you click on the picture, you can see them better.) What do you think they are? Post your comment and you'll be entered in the contest to win a copy of THE WITCH'S GRAVE!!

Merry Christmas!!
Shirley

9 comments:

LadyVampire2u said...

Looking at the top picture, I thought it might be a reflection of light simply because there are more fainter orbs in the picture and some seem to be in a line, telescoping. But then in picture two you had many more and none of them were in straight lines or in a pattern. So as my vote is dust or ghostly orbs. And I'm leaning toward dust simply because the orbs in the pictures seem to look similar. I can see an outline with some faint image/pattern in the middle. Ghost orbs I don't think would appear so similar to one another.

donnas said...

The first picture looks like a reflection of light because of the way the image appears, it has the rainbow aspect and different shadings thoughout.

The second picture, I am going to say look like dust or orbs for the little circles and light reflections for the bigger ones.

aimdel said...

Thanks so much for chooseing me!
My e-mail is chancehope@yahoo.com
I'm looking forward to reading it!
this is the first time I've actully won one of these contests so I'm totally excited!
Thanks!

Oh, I have no idea wbout the weird shadows, the only thing I can think of is the Chritmas Tree lights could be refecting on the lens!?!

Crianlarich said...

I'd say they are spirit orbs. Definitely. And you even have a moving one caught in action in the first picture. That's pretty rare. Also love how two appear side by side in the second photo. So, yes, I think loved ones of Christmases past were stopping by to say hello.

Jane said...

They look like bubbles, the ones the kids blow with the wand.

Estella said...

They look like reflections .

Natalie Hatch said...

When you print photos there's several stages you can get shadows or little bubbles coming through. That said, the couch looks like someone's sitting in it. But that's my opinion.

Caffey said...

Hi Shirley! I am so not techy, I just know how to use those portable cameras...kind of. LOL. I mess up that too! Could it be like the lights from the tree reflecting back to the camera lens. Or maybe something in between the lenses that doing this? I never saw it before when I had taken pictures of my tree. I saw lights that had some lightness reflecting, but not the dots you seem to have that almost looks like some burnt like. Now I'm really curious. LOL. I hope I don't have to be correct, ROFL.

Shirley Damsgaard said...

Ahhh, where are Jason and Grant (THE GHOST HUNTERS) when you need them?? Lol!! And no Caffey, there's no right answer to this one 'cause I really don't know what the spots are. There are so many of them in Picture 1 that I wonder if it isn’t dust on my lens. (However in subsequent pictures taken the same day, none showed up. One would think if the spots were dust on the lens that they’d be in all the pictures.) But there are two that I really wonder about. Crianlarich mentioned the light in Picture 1 that looks like it’s moving (the one by the clock) and then the small dot at the top of the cabinet near the ceiling in Picture 2. There really isn’t anything in either place that would reflect the light, but to be honest, I know absolutely nothing about light refraction so there could be a logical explanation for them.

Everyone will be at my house on Christmas Eve, and I’ll be taking lots of pictures. We’ll see what shows up on them. But first, I’m going to clean my camera lens! 8)

Have a great weekend and thanks for your comments! I’ll do a short post next Thursday announcing the winner of this week’s book!!

A very Merry Christmas to all and I’ll see you next week!

Best,
Shirley