Thursday, February 5, 2009

Contests and More Contests!

Ann and Angie are running such cool contests celebrating our new look that I've decided to jump on the band wagon, too. Here's the deal...six, count 'em, six, posters will win a book from the Ophelia and Abby series, and you get to pick which one you want! Just post a comment on the following question and your name will be entered in the drawing!

Okay, now for the question...Valentine's Day is upon us so let's do a little fantasy romance. If you were shipwrecked on a desert island and could pick any fictional hero as your companion, who would it be? (Mine would be a toss up between Roarke and Jamie Frasier! Both men are resourceful, sexy, and have a great sense of humor! And if you were stuck out in the middle of nowhere with someone, to me, humor would be one of the most important attributes!)

And last thing speaking of contests-on February 13th (yeah...Friday the 13th!!) I'm going to be over on Bitten by Books doing an interview and answering questions. My wonderful editor at Avon, Emily, has agreed to donate 10 copies of THE WITCH'S GRAVE for a contest! Check back next week for the details!

That's it for now-can't wait to hear everyone's choices!!

Best,
Shirley

15 comments:

Marnie Colette said...

Roarke - he would be great. I would choose Adam Black (K. Mooning Highlander books)being a fey and all we would only be stranded until we wanted. Plus he is deviously delish!

Ann Aguirre said...

Ooh, what a fun contest. I can't enter, but I still want to play. This is a tough question...

But I think I would want one of Madeline Hunter's heroes, Addis.

Marlyn said...

Oh, boy, that's a tough one.
I'd have to go with Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables. Handsome, clever and practical.

Angie Fox said...

Ohhh...I'd have to go with Eric Northman from the Sookie Stackhose books. It may get a bit lonely in the daytime, but the nights would be worth it.

donnas said...

I would totally have to go with Roarke. He would absolutely be the best to be stranded with.

Jane said...

I would love to be stranded with Gabe Jones from Cindy Gerard's "Show No Mercy." He's probably a resourceful guy since he's in black ops.

Casey said...

I would love to offer some semi-intelligent comment, but I've just now hit the "send" button and whooshed my newest manuscript to NYC. I am well and truly brain dead. But it's fun reading everyone else's hero fantasies. Keep 'em coming!

Estella said...

I would go with Roarke, intelligent, funny and sexy!

Renee said...

I'd have to go for Ranger from the Stephanie Plum series. Dark, sexy, and resourceful. yum!

SaturnMoonie said...

OMG OMG OMG this is awesome! I've read a couple of your Ophelia and Abby series, I LOVE them!

Hmm...now this is a very hard question, there are so many books and so many heroes to choose from. I guess right now I'll choose any of the guys from the novel Path of Freedom by Lisa Pietsch. It's one of the last books I've read and it's still in my head. All those guys are yummy and more than capable of entertaining me. :D

Shirley Damsgaard said...

Ohh, Marlyn, you picked one of my favorite books...I love ANNE OF GREEN GABLES!!! Now that you mentioned it, I need to read it again!

And to all the other posters...we seem to like our boys a little on the bad side, don't we, ladies?? lol!! Resourceful seems to be important too, and I totally agree!! I'd want someone who could build a hut, catch/gather food, and defend me from any nasty things that might be lurking about. Figuring out a way to get us off the island would be good, too...well maybe! 8) Anyway, thanks for the posts and I'll announce the winner next week!!

Oh and hey Casey...congrats on finishing the manuscript!!! Way to go, girlfriend!! 8)

Natalie Hatch said...

I would love to have Silk from David Eddings 'Belgariad' Series. He's a spy, acrobat, thief, and sly wit. He's not very good looking, but he would pull you out of any situation and can charm the knickers of just about any woman. Oh and he's an accomplished assassin so you know if you need someone bumped off because they said something bad about your first cousin's boyfriends sister, well he's your man.

macbeaner said...

Angel. Yes, I know. He;s a vampire, but he is one hot vampire and it would totally be wonderful to hang with him.

Amy S. said...

Chase Falladay from Only Pleasure by Lora Leigh

Blodeuedd said...

I would love to pick Z from the J.R.Ward books, but I want a go who can go outside in the sun too...
I'd pick Rand al'Thor from Robert Jordans fantasy serie. With his magic we could do whatever we wanted on that island ;)