Friday, February 6, 2009

New wicked one...

I want to say I'm the new "girl," but unless you are in the South where the term girl is used as commonly as "you" in some places, I think I'm past qualifying...

But I am NEW to Something Wicked!

I'm Lori Devoti. I write dark paranormal romance for Silhouette Nocturne and urban fantasy for Juno/Pocket books. In my past I've also written romantic comedy, but the timing wasn't good--romantic comedy was taking a hit. Luckily for me, I have a passion for fantasy and decided to try my hand at it. So far, it is working out.

And now I'm a Wicked Author. :) I'm really happy to be here. I "know" Ann from RWA Online and from reading her great debut! Angie and I have a mutual real-life-in-person friend, we are both from Missouri (went to the same college a few...ahem...years apart) AND I judged her first book in the Golden Heart. Gave it my top score, of course. Me with my mom!Tate has been a guest at my personal blog and I see her in person each year at WisCon. Shirley, Casey and Jess are new friends--and isn't it always great to make new friends? But I love the sound of their books, and plan on buying them for my mother who will then pass them on to me. (It's a great little game I play that gets me the books I want while pretending to be the oh so generous daughter. Plus it makes me responsible in these trying financial times, right?)

So far as me and the fascinating things you can hope to hear about from me...uh...uh...let's see. I love reality TV. Don't know if I will blog about it, but it is a fact I can not deny. I am obsessive about what I eat and how I exercise. I do not have skinny genes and I have the pictures of twelve-year-old me to prove it. (A few taken a little later too, but the 12-year-old ones are less embarrassing to share.) I have two kids, two dogs and this man who has followed me around three states...although he might claim it was me doing the following. Do not believe him.

I am from southern Missouri originally and proud of it. I also lived in Montana which I adored and miss terribly and now live in what many call the Berkeley of the Midwest, Madison, Wisconsin.

I am short, energetic and undeniably extroverted.

And that folks, is me. I look forward to getting to know all of you! To start maybe you can do what I did--tell me three adjectives that describe you..."I am..."


And to help introduce you to me, I will pick one reply to win a choice of my books. U.S and Canada shipping only--the post office and their forms scare me. And I'll pick a winner by Sunday. :)I'll post the name here in the comments of this post.

15 comments:

Angelique Armae said...

Hi Lori! Love your books, so keep them coming :-)

Here are my three adjectives:
I'm short, stressed out (I worry about everything good or bad, I'm a Virgo so it goes with the territory LOL) but my friends always say I'm also fun/comedic. Yes, I do try to make others around me always have a good laugh, but underneath I'm worrying about everything under the sun LOL! Okay, that was more than three words.

Angelique Armae

brimfire said...

Hi there.
Love your website, especially since you posted your Call. I heart Call stories.

Angie Fox said...

Welcome, Lori. We're so glad to have you join us on Something Wicked.

Of course I can't enter your contest (and I have your books anyway) but I will play at the three adjectives: quirky, friendly, choco-holic

BethRe said...

3 Adjectives: loyal, depise bullies, and strong willed.

Ann Aguirre said...

Hi Lori! Welcome officially. I'm really excited to have you here.

donnas said...

Hi Lori. Glad to see you here. Look forward to your posts.

Lori Devoti said...

Thanks for the welcome, everybody!!
And hey, my "word verification" word is "fatio" Should I be insulted?

Casey said...

Pleased to be the other newbee on Something Wicked, Lori. I think we're goingto have fun here!

Estella said...

My three words are crafty, retired, grandmother.

Shirley Damsgaard said...

Hey Lori, energetic and extroverted, huh??? Boy, are you going to fit in here!! 8) Seriously, welcome to "Something Wicked!" I hope you have as much fun meeting everyone as I have!

I can't enter the contest either, but I'll give it a go anyway...what three words describe me??? Determined (some might use the word "stubborn", but I think "determined" sounds sooo much nicer, don't you??? 8) ), loyal, and somewhat (?) talkative.

Again, welcome,Lori, and I'll look forward to reading your posts!!

Jane said...

Hi Lori,
I'm witty, loyal and trustworthy.

Vicki said...

Hi Lori. I haven't read your books yet (head hung in shame), but I'm going to BnN today and will get one. :)

Hmmmm...I'm friendly,energetic, honest

Pam P said...

Hi Lori, love your Hellhounds.

I'm short, loyal and introverted.

Shawn said...

Hi and welcome! Sorry to keep this short but the baby won't sleep!

Normally I'm quirky, perky, and snarky. I have to admit though that tonight (thanks to the baby!) I'm frustrated, tired, and thirsty! (and not for a drink of water! I've got a secret bottle hidden in the cabinet for just such an occasion!)

Lori Devoti said...

I' late! I said by Sunday....
Okay first, thanks for all the welcomes...
The winner is Estella 'cause I love the idea of a crafty grandmother. ;-)
email me at lori(at)loridevoti.com and I'll ship off a book--anything already in print. Because I have bad memory and would forget to send something later.