Sunday, March 8, 2009

Let's Play!

I don't know why, but I'm in the mood to play a game.

I love games. I'm not always the best sport. In fact, my hubby learned pretty quick never to play Monopoly with me. That game is just nasty. On the first trip around the board, you know who is going to end up with all the money, and the rest is hours of gloating torture as you land on peoples stinking hotels and they demand money you don't have, then you have to hock the only thing you do have until your left wallowing in a pit of poor and broken misery.

Seriously, who ever thought that was fun?

I've just rediscovered the joy of Chutes and Ladders. That game is fun. You never know what's going to happen or who is going to win. You could be fifty points away from everyone else and hit that really long slide and go all the way back down to the thirties, then one spin later hop up the long ladder and end up right back where you were before.

I guess I like surprises and dislike playing with money.

And those are just board games. I haven't even gotten into my computer game obsessions, like the Sims, or console games, like Rock Band. That game is pure genius. Who doesn't love to rock out with their friends? And it's cooperative, which is even better. I'm a pretty good singer on the game, but I'm a serious embarrassment on the drums.

So how about a blog game?

Just for fun, how many romance novel heroes can we name that fit this description:

He entered the room, dark and menacing. With his inky-black hair tied back at his nape, his dark eyes flashed a sensual warning. Crossing his powerful arms over his hard chest, he dared any to name him...

Mmmm, I've got my A-list of tall dark and handsomes. How about you?

Jess

6 comments:

Jess Granger said...

I'll start the ball rolling. Our mystery man could be the sexy Dimitri from Angie Fox's Accidental Demon Slayer series.

Who else?

Jess

azteclady said...

erm...

I'm drawing a blank--at least on current heroes.

Wolf Mackenzie from Mackenzie's Mountain does come to mind, and I'm positive there are a number of Julie Garwood heroes who fit the bill...

Sorry, not very good at this, am I?

Natalie Hatch said...

Anna Campbell's Duke of Kylemore from Claiming the Courtesan.

Jess Granger said...

We have half the cast of the Carpathian Series by Feehan. Let's see, Mikhail, Jaques, Hmmm, Darius, Gabriel and Lucien, anyone else?

Jess

Angie Fox said...

How about Adam Black from the Highlander series, or even Barrons from Karen Marie Moning's Fever series? Yum.

Ann Aguirre said...

Is that a quote?