Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Launch day and cover models















Hi all. Guess what? I have a new book out today. Yay!

You know what else? I just came back from the RT Conference and it was a blast. There was a wealth of books, authors, and ahem - cover models. I wasn't quite prepared for them.

My husband's first reaction to some of these shots was, "This is work?" It is. Sort of. The cover model contestants were a really great bunch. Why not be social? And Dorchester really outdid themselves on the awards show.

It was also fun to sign some of the very first copies of The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers. Even though today is official on sale date, my publisher had early copies for readers who attended the Saturday big book signing. How fun is that?

Oh and if you haven't gotten in on the Demon Slayer contest, it's still going on. Take the Are You Part Demon Slayer? quiz, post your score on my author blog and you're entered to win a walk-on role in the next book. So if you ever wanted to hang with the biker witches or cuddle up with Pirate the dog, this is your chance.

8 comments:

MarnieColette said...

Guess who just got your new book... ME! Made a quick B&N run to get it, very excited so much so that I am going to pause my current book to read yours !! Got to love talking dogs wonder what mine would say.

Angie Fox said...

Aw, thanks. You rock! And Pirate says he can help translate for your dog if you want. Oh and he'll be over there in five minutes if you have a girl dog. Poor Pirate. Never gets to have romance in any of the romance books.

Blodeuedd said...

Now that is a work I would like to have ;)
Must write a kick-ass story at once

Natalie Hatch said...

You don't look like you're having a good time at all in these photos Angie. It looks like you're totally just at your job being a very professional writer. I think Jim's just a bit jealous that he didn't get called up for one of your covers. Congrats on the released of another great read.

LadyVampire2u said...

Congratulations on your new book release!! I'll be heading out to grab my copy soon but I have to wait a few hours until the book stores open here. Definitely worth the wait though.

Angie Fox said...

Yes, I was very professional. It was agony. Just kidding. The guys were all really nice. It's going to be fun seeing Charles on the cover of a book. He's the one in the first picture at the top.

Angie Fox said...

Thanks, Ladyvamp! The Dangerous Book was a lot of fun to write. Plus, I got to make it a bit darker and scarier, so that is always good. (for us - I'm not sure if Lizzie would say the same thing).

Pissenlit said...

Ha! Looks like you had fun!

Congrats on the book release!