Friday, June 12, 2009

10 things I couldn't care less about...

I love watching the news and hearing "why are we all so obsessed with this?" while I am thinking...PLEASE NOT AGAIN. I get the same feeling with the Internet when some new firestorm leaves me just wondering "why?". My DVR by the way is my best friend in the TV case--I frequently fast forward through more news than I watch. With the Internet, well, you just have to click away. But still, the stories make their way into your reality. So, today, being totally exhausted I thought I'd do a top ten of things I really couldn't care less about...in no particular order. (Apologies upfront for this early morning snark...)


  1. Jon & Kate plus 8--Although seeing Kate in a bikini on the cover of a national magazine did outrage me a bit for her. Seriously, can you imagine a bigger nightmare than seeing yourself and your cellulite displayed right by the M&Ms? I break out in a sweat just thinking about it.

  2. Miss (ex-Miss) California.

  3. Anything to do with RWA or the Ritas and who they do or do not recognize.--Seriously, does anyone think being recognized by RWA is a career maker? Being able to enter the Rita? Really? REALLY?

  4. Adam Lambert is gay. Oh, and he didn't jump up and down and announce it.--Well, he is a singer. Of course, he should have grabbed the mic and screamed "I'm gay." I mean that IS of major importance in a singing competition, isn't it?

  5. It is the whatever anniversary of whatever bad event--This is a local I don't care. My favorite part of the story "people here have moved on and don't really want to talk about it anymore." Really? So, you put that on the news? Okay...

  6. Letterman insulted Palin--I say grease them up and let 'em battle it out, but PLEASE don't make me sit through ten minutes of discussing it. Please!

  7. Gordon Ramsey insulted someone and Australia hates him--Okay the fact Australia hates him adds a tad bit of interest, but three days worth of mentions...?

  8. Madonna has adopted another baby...or been denied another baby.--Do they even need new footage for this one? Can't they just dip into the archives? Hmm...maybe that is the appeal...

  9. About any tell-all book featured on the news.--Let's see (insert name) did drugs. (Insert name) slept with scary people. (Insert name) has been clean (insert years). Allow me to plunk down $24.95 to get it in hardcover.

  10. Everyone should pay off their credit cards.--Wow. Who knew?


So, how about you? What current or recurring news story could you just not care less about?

15 comments:

Anton Gully said...

If you want to start a petition for no 6, I'll sign it. But probably for all the wrong reasons.

Lori Devoti said...

Politics aside...I would tune in to watch it.

December said...

I am sick of any sort of Heidi/ Spencer/ Hills LC KC, or kim kardasian shenanigans. I don't CARE who these people are, nor do I care if they're fighting!

Angie Fox said...

You're cracking me up here. And I have another one - the digital conversion. I. Don't. Care.

They talked about it for six months, then extended it because maybe they didn't talk about it enough. Eek. So glad it is over today. Unless they extend it again...

Lori Devoti said...

December! I almost put that on my list. I found "I'm a Celebrity..." the equivalent of water torture with those two. It would have been bad enough without them, but with...ack.
Oh, and Angie...yes the death of rabbit ears. I hope they had an official burial somewhere. And what about that Google Settlement? Are you just sitting on the edge of your office chair waiting for yet another update?? It is RIVETING. And I'm sure worth thousands to moi.

Maureen McGowan said...

LOVE your list. I think we could possibly be best friends w/o even knowing it.

Espec loved: Pay off your credit cards. Who knew?

Chuckling away

Victoria Janssen said...

I don't even know who Jon and Kate are....

Angie Fox said...

Me neither, Victoria. My husband and I were talking about that the other day. We wouldn't know who Jon and Kate were if they didn't just start having these soap opera-style problems.

We were wondering how out of touch we are with celebrity gossip and if that is a good thing!

i brake 4 dreams said...

ROFLMAO.....this is the best post I've read in...well, maybe forever! Amen to each and every one of these...especially about RWA!

JenB said...

*Standing Ovation*

Yes, all of these and then some more. Sick of it all. Anything that is hyped means nothing to me. It's why I quit watching the news and listening to the radio last fall.

Kimberly B. said...

Well, your number one was also my number one, and I agree with December about Spencer and Heidi and whatever. Actually, I could do without hearing about anyone whose celebrity comes only from being on reality TV---and also those who extend their celebrity by being on reality TV. (Can you tell I don't like reality TV, lol?)

Casey said...

I'm with you on every single one, Lori.

Lori Devoti said...

I feel so validated. :) Of course, all the people who are dying for the next installment of these stories are just kindly not popping in to smack me around. :)

M. K. Clarke said...

Sick of?

Constant coverage of Obama. Please.
All this man does is tear down this country. Enough, already!

It being hurricane season. So? It's like Christmas: it comes every time the same time each year, from 6.1 to 11.30. We know. I don't care.

How conservatives suck. They've been yelling this since the Goldwater days, but I'm too young to remember Goldwater. :p

Windows ANYTHING. Yaaaaawn!

Reality TV, good, bad, tacky, it all stinks.

Eco-this-and-that. I, GET. It. Go away!

SpongeBob. 'Nuff said.

Everything based on ethnicity: Can we not judge based on merit anymore?

Digital Conversion: Look, if you didn't toss the rabbit ears by now and can't watch "Another World" come Monday, too bad. :)

Politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle; they're both funkier than something rotten in Denmark could ever be. This is why I'll always remain a political atheist.

Casey said...

Three cheers, MK!