I love watching the news and hearing "why are we all so obsessed with this?" while I am thinking...PLEASE NOT AGAIN. I get the same feeling with the Internet when some new firestorm leaves me just wondering "why?". My DVR by the way is my best friend in the TV case--I frequently fast forward through more news than I watch. With the Internet, well, you just have to click away. But still, the stories make their way into your reality. So, today, being totally exhausted I thought I'd do a top ten of things I really couldn't care less about...in no particular order. (Apologies upfront for this early morning snark...)
- Jon & Kate plus 8--Although seeing Kate in a bikini on the cover of a national magazine did outrage me a bit for her. Seriously, can you imagine a bigger nightmare than seeing yourself and your cellulite displayed right by the M&Ms? I break out in a sweat just thinking about it.
- Miss (ex-Miss) California.
- Anything to do with RWA or the Ritas and who they do or do not recognize.--Seriously, does anyone think being recognized by RWA is a career maker? Being able to enter the Rita? Really? REALLY?
- Adam Lambert is gay. Oh, and he didn't jump up and down and announce it.--Well, he is a singer. Of course, he should have grabbed the mic and screamed "I'm gay." I mean that IS of major importance in a singing competition, isn't it?
- It is the whatever anniversary of whatever bad event--This is a local I don't care. My favorite part of the story "people here have moved on and don't really want to talk about it anymore." Really? So, you put that on the news? Okay...
- Letterman insulted Palin--I say grease them up and let 'em battle it out, but PLEASE don't make me sit through ten minutes of discussing it. Please!
- Gordon Ramsey insulted someone and Australia hates him--Okay the fact Australia hates him adds a tad bit of interest, but three days worth of mentions...?
- Madonna has adopted another baby...or been denied another baby.--Do they even need new footage for this one? Can't they just dip into the archives? Hmm...maybe that is the appeal...
- About any tell-all book featured on the news.--Let's see (insert name) did drugs. (Insert name) slept with scary people. (Insert name) has been clean (insert years). Allow me to plunk down $24.95 to get it in hardcover.
- Everyone should pay off their credit cards.--Wow. Who knew?
So, how about you? What current or recurring news story could you just not care less about?