Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fun on the 4th

My husband was after me last night to make 4th of July holiday plans. Now as a lot of you know, I'm not a big planner. In fact, over-scheduling a three-day weekend makes me feel boxed in and, well, uncomfortable. You need room to be spontaneous.

While we're not fully scheduled yet, talking about it last night had me thinking of holidays as a kid, when my biggest concern was my brother blowing up my dolls with firecrackers. This was the 70's. We also had lawn darts.

It also reminded me of this old Schoolhouse Rock video that we used to watch at school. Lo and behold, it's on YouTube.



So what does everyone else have planned for the 4th of July?

2 comments:

Patricia Altner said...

I gave you the Heartfelt Award


http://patricias-vampire-notes.blogspot.com/2009/06/awards-and-gratitude.html

Jess Granger said...

I'll probably head over to Milton where they fire off the fireworks way too close to the river. It is ear splitting loud, but quite an experience.