Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Zombie Valentine

Okay, so I have a fun announcement to make. Katie MacAlister, Marianne Mancusi, Lisa Cach and I are going to be doing a valentines anthology together. My Zombie Valentine will be released in January 2010. These will be love stories where zombies play prominent roles. Everyone deserves love, right?

Chris Keesler at Dorchester came up with the title, which by the way, completely cracked me up when I first heard it. I haven't spent a lot of time with Chris, but I've talked to him enough to know he has a warped sense of humor. This proves it.

In my story, Gentlemen Prefer Voodoo, a lonely New Orleans voodoo shop owner decides she's had enough romantic disappointments. She wants a relationship, but only with mister right. So she uses her voodoo magic to call the perfect man for her. Only she should have been more specific because her ideal mate died 198 years ago. When a sexy, well-spoken zombie gentleman shows up at her door, things get interesting.

It was a blast to write this story because I could play with a completely different world - new characters, new creatures, new problems. The cover is still in the works, but I'll post it when it arrives.

14 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, it sounds great...too bad my biggest nightmares always include zombies. I better keep the lamp on after I have read it.
Good luck

Angie Fox said...

LOL Yes, but this is a hot, sexy zombie. She just can't get rid of him because he knows she's supposed to be the love of his life - even if she doesn't quite realize that yet.

My brother gave me the Zombie Survival Guide as a joke when I was writing this anthology and it is a funny, funny book - written like it's giving instructions on how to survive swarms of undead.

But in the back of the Zombie Survival Guide is a preview for Max Brook's book, World War Z, which is a fictionalized journalistic account of a zombie takeover. I read it the night before last and if it hadn't been midnight, I would have been in my car on the way to the bookstore.

Bought it yesterday and have been devouring it (pun intended). These are nasty zombies, but they're so interesting and well developed.

Blodeuedd said...

Ok hot, sexy vampire I can take. As long as he isn't rotting, and wants to eat my flesh, in all the wrong ways.

And that sure sounds lovely.

I think I would have to read that zombie survival guide. I need to know how to handle the undead, they are just so nasty aren't they.

But I guess it's about time they got a bit sexy too.

Pissenlit said...

Awesome! Sounds like fun!

I take it the lonely New Orleans voodoo shop owner has beauty and BRAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINSSSSSS!!! :D

Angie Fox said...

Well, vampires didn't get sexy until Anne Rice, so here's hoping we can help zombies clean up their image.

The Zombie Survival Guide is hilarious. Very dry and witty.

Angie Fox said...

And Pissenlit,have you been hanging out with Chris Keesler? I'll bet anything he's going to have something like that on the back cover. Too funny.

Jess Granger said...

LOL, I love it pissenlit. That's a crackup.

I've read this story, and have no fear. Dante is HOT! All the things you love about a good vampire, none of the blood sucking. I'm all for it.

I'd dig him up anytime.

SaturnMoonie said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun! Can't wait till it comes out! :D

Casey said...

What fun! And isn't it interesting how zombies are becoming the new vampires?

Anyone read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies yet? It's on my list!

Pissenlit said...

HEE HEE HEE!

Angie Fox said...

That one is on my list too. Jane Austen and paranormal - what a great mix. ;)

Pissenlit said...

Have you heard of Ryan Mecum's Zombie Haiku? :)

Ann Aguirre said...

So cool! What great authors to be in an antho with.

Just Another SAHM said...

Bwahahaha Pissenlit

Casey - it is on my TBR list but I haven't gotten hands on it yet. Sounds hilarious!!

Oh Ang, this sounds like a blast & I can't wait to read it. I've been impatiently awaiting the title so I can mark it on Amazon. :)