Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Fun

I love to read! Really, it is an addiction. I must have a book at hand at all times! On my little mini vacation last week, I read a book by Mary Balogh, AT LAST COMES LOVE. It's a charming series about a family who, in the first book, suddenly finds out their brother has inherited a title, and as a result, they're whisked away from their country village and life of genteel poverty and dropped right in the middle of London's ton. Of course along the way, they find true love! The next book in my "to be read" pile? J.D Robb's SALVATION IN DEATH.

All this brings me around to my point...yes, there is a point! 8) Summer is a wonderful time to read! It's great lying around on a chaise, with the summer sun baking down on you, and being transported to a different time and place. Or taking your morning coffee outside, and as you sip away, forget about all the housework you should be doing, all the weeds you should be pulling, and that laundry that's piled up in the basket. (Curled up in a chair with a book during a thunderstorm is pretty okay too!! 8) ) Just to be able relax and read about my favorite character's latest adventures is a big de-stressor for me this time of year.

How about you? What are some of your favorite places/times to read during the summer? And what do you like to read? Romance? A rollicking adventure? Mystery? Fantasy? E-books, paperbacks, or hardcovers? (Personally, I like paperbacks...they're so easy to stick in my bag or purse.)

That's it for this week! Happy reading everyone, and I'll catch you next Thursday!!

Best,
Shirley

3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I tend to read the same books as always, I have so many genres I love any way :)
But I love to be outside and forget about everything

zabet17 said...

I am absolutely in love with my Sony Reader. I was always crazy about keeping my books in perfect condition so I would never put a book in my purse for feat it would get damaged. But the reader is so easy to pop in there and it holds tons of books. Because of the conveniently placed buttons I can hold it and turn pages all with one hand which makes reading in bed a DREAM! And with all the ebooks out there it is so easy to get the latest releases without ever leaving home (which is especially useful when we get those thunderstorms you were mentioning).

i brake 4 dreams said...

My fav place to read would be in the grass on one of my fav quilts, by the river...it would be a paperback (definitely, because I love to bend the pages as I read) and it would be a romance....paranormal, probably!