Wednesday, July 15, 2009

At RWA

So yesterday I did the sightseeing. Lots of walking. I cried quite a lot because most of it was touching and/or crushing. We went to the Holocaust museum. I'm not going to write about that because my feelings are too much in turmoil.

Instead I'm going to focus on the awesome time I had hanging out last night. I didn't get back to my room until 1am. The sisterhood is really my favorite part of RWA. There's a particular kind of energy that is hard to articulate, but when you have so many women gathered together who share a common love and a common goal, it can be a wonderful thing. I had a mad good time last night, and I'm sure whatever rumors you hear will be exaggerated. No, I did not make out with Lauren Dane. Not exactly, anyway...

Today is super full. I really only have the morning free. After noon things heat up to constant activity.

What are you guys up to if you're not at RWA?

3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Working, and going to see Harry Potter :D
have fun at RWA

Janicu said...

"UG" is all I have to say about what I'm up to. Wish I was at RWA!

azteclady said...

*tackle hug*

It was, as always, I complete pleasure to see you in DC. Only wish we'd had some more time to chat--but part of the magic of the conference was how many things were going on at once, every single hour of every day.