Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 4th!!!


The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. So many fun things to do...parades, picnics, spending time with friends and family, and of course, fireworks! There's just something about sitting outside on a hot summer night and watching the sky explode with a thousand sparkling lights.

It's not that I necessarily like explosions, or have a desire to blow things up. In fact, ever since that unfortunate incident a few years ago, I've been banned by my family and my friends of ever lighting fireworks myself. (Was it my fault that the stupid canister holding the charge tipped just as I was lighting it thus pointing it toward us instead of out over the lake???? Honestly, it was amazing to see how fast everyone ran!! Of course at the time, I didn't think about it...I was too busy running myself! 9)) Now, I'm regulated to sit with the little kids and far, far away from anything that goes BOOM! But that's okay. As long as I get to watch, I'm fine with not handling the torch! And I still get to play with sparklers!!

So how about you? What do you like best about the 4th of July?? A day free from work? The food? The fireworks? Have any favorite 4th of July memory that you'd like to share? We'd love to hear it!

That's all for this week-everyone have a happy and SAFE 4th of July!!!

Best,
Shirley

No comments: