Anyone else feel like they are chasing life down the street? That it's moving ahead of you a bit more every day?
I didn't used to feel this way. I think it's the kids...who knew they came with such increased chaos?
Anyway, this week I could maybe should be at the RWA National Conference in D.C., but I chose to stay home...second year in a row staying home. And, I have to say, I don't regret it, because this darn life of mine is hard enough to keep under control without me trying to chomp out five days (plus shopping) for a conference.
What am I doing/done? (warning it doesn't sound like that much...)
- Edits on February 2010 Nocturne x 7 because it's an every day thing this week
- Housework...not much because I'm trying to be honest here...
- Took kid #1 to Doctor (three hour visit)
- Took kids to county fair
- Emailed and twittered (following RWA National...hmm, maybe this has something to do with out-of-control life...)
- Updated web site...And it is still seriously not up-to-date
- Entered receipts/paid bills...another seriously waited-too-long task
- Fish shopping...TWICE because first one died same day!
- Interview with and conversing with Husky Rescue people about adopting a new dog...
- Preparing kids for next week's camp AND house in general for potential new dog
- Driving five hours to see potential new dog...and back...
- Jogging, but not enough...it could be worse, I could be at National sucking down daiquiris...
- 5,000 other little things I have now forgotten
So, there's my list...do I deserve to feel out of control? Probably not...sigh.
p.s. Here's a picture of the dog we are thinking of adopting... How freaking cute is he? (and yeah, one of his eyes is half brown and half blue!)