Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Something Wicked welcomes Delilah Marvelle

Delilah Marvelle is in the house today. She's the author of wickedly humorous historical romances. Her books are about a school that specializes in teaching men the art of seduction and as you can assume, much merriment ensues.

And with that, I'll give the floor to Delilah:

I've always had a genuine interest in not just writing, but history. In particular, NAUGHTY history. Being first generation Polish and having been raised by a traditional European father who would rather gouge his eyes out than talk about sex, I have to say all things naughty naturally seemed exciting and forbidden.

Which is why I was ultimately drawn to write about it.

What sort of naughty history am I talking about? The sort that led to my series about a school in 1830 London England that educates men on the topic of love and seduction. Many will say that such a thing could have never existed. To those I say, you'd better brush up on your history.

Enter Ninon de L'Enclos. A 17th century French courtesan who was reknown for hosting "meetings in a classroom type setting" in her bedchamber with aristocratic men to conduct discussions on the topic of love, seduction, philosphy, and sex. Ninon understood something that many courtesans did of her day. That men had no form of "open dicussion" with regard to sex with women. And that if given the chance, they'd flock to her. Which they did.

She was brilliant. And apparently, the men who flocked to her thought so too. That said, I turned Ninon's little bit of history into an actual classroom setting trying to imagine what such a school for men would really be like in the time period I write in and what sort of men would show up. The result was MISTRESS OF PLEASURE (released September 2008) and LORD OF PLEASURE (to be released August 4, 2009).

That said, I turn this over to you, dear reader. If you could get your man to enroll in a school that would educate him on the topic of love and seduction, would you do it? And if so, why?

I'll toss my garter in first. Yes, I would TOTALLY enroll my husband. Why? Because as amazing as he is during the day, I'm sorry but he needs to be reminded what is expected of him at night, especially after 15 years of marriage. The same old position simply won't do for this girl. (He'd kill me if he saw me post this, LOL) Oh. And by the by, if you're curious about naughty history (and I know you are!!) be sure to check out my blog, A BIT O'MUSLIN.

5 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, yup don't let your man see that. I have to keep that in kind 15 years from now.

Nice post, and I do like the sound of those books. I hope they can be saved so we get more

Delilah Marvelle said...

My dearest Blodeuedd,
LOL and thank you!!! I'm working hard to ensure the series is saved and believe everything will fall into place if it's meant to be.

Angie Fox said...

Thanks for stopping by, Delilah! I love that cover.

Delilah Marvelle said...

Thanks for having me, Angie!!! And yeah, I love the cover too, LOL. Can't go wrong with a nice chest. Grin.

Jane said...

Hi Delilah,
Congrats on the upcoming release. I'm looking forward to reading Hawksford's story. I think I would enroll my man to be schooled. I guess if you want it done right you must show him how it's done.