Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer Dreaming

While Jess, Angie, and Ann are tripping the light fantastic at RWA, and Casey is curled up with a bowl of popcorn, lusting after Stewart Granger, (I don't know what Lori's up to this week), what am I doing?? Not much! Pretty much write and work, work and write. (Okay, I did go out with my girlfriends last weekend, and yes, tequila was involved. Had a great time, btw! 9) ) But other than the occasional night out, it's been pretty much same-o, same-o this summer.

Not that I'm grousing, but hearing how much fun everyone else is having got me thinking...where would I be right now if I could pick anywhere in the world??? Not a place hot and humid...we've been having plenty of that here in Iowa. No, some place warm, but not steamy. Maybe Colorado or Minnesota? Paris, London, Vienna, Rome? What would be the perfect summer vacation?

For me it would be a tour of Scandinavia. My father's family came from Denmark, and I've always wanted visit the parish where my grandparents were born. Just think...Tivoli, runes, Vikings...and all the aebleskiver I can eat!! (I'll pass on the herring, though!) Then after I'm done eating my way across Denmark, I might as well visit Sweden and Norway, too.

Unfortunately, I don't see the above vacation happening anytime soon, so I'll just have to be content dreaming about it. How about you? If you had the time, the money, and the energy, where would you spend your summer???

Got to fly for now-it's back to the keyboard! See you next week!!

Best,
Shirley

1 comment:

Casey said...

I would be in the British Isles, Shirley! But I will have to be content to make a quick trip to DC. Spending the weekend there, and popping into the conference hotel tomorrow to visit with friends. Hope to see some of you there!