Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The art of goofing off

So I've had a lot going on lately. As soon as I finished the manuscript for A Tale of Two Demon Slayers, my editor sent the copy editor's notes on My Zombie Valentine. Then a few hours after I finished those, edits to A Tale arrived in my inbox. I had to laugh and ask Leah (my editor) if there isn't a 24-hour mercy period. She laughed back and said, "er, no."

Not that I'm complaining. It is fun to have back-to-back releases. But I have found myself doing odd things to charge my batteries. And without further ado, I give you Angie's Top Ten Ways to Goof Off

1) Random online quizzes. One of my favorites: How Many Five Year Olds Can You Take in a Fight? This is useful information, no?

2) Awful Library Books Two hilarious librarians go throgh the stacks and bring us beauties like Your Cat's Sex Life. I kid you not.

3) Facebook Oh how you tempt me.

4) Someone Keeps Stealing my Letters And they do.

5) Humane Society of Missouri Adoptable Pet Photos I really want another dog. Check out Lady, the German Shepherd mix. I think she wants to come home with me.

7 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Facebook, what a plague, and those quizzes there, I am quite addicted by now. But a great way indeed to goof off on

Jess Granger said...

Lady is so cute and unusual. Go for it! I can't imagine life without Jakers.

Shirley Damsgaard said...

Kudo's to you for checking out adoptions at the Humane Society!!! Roxy came from a shelter and is one of the smartest dogs I've ever owned. 'Course she's a bit of an outlaw, but couldn't do without her none the less! 9)

Oh, and Ange, unless the eyes are going along with the rest of the bod...I only see "five" top ways to goof off! LOL

Angie Fox said...

Have you been to the Facebook page where all it is is Facebook Quizzes? Addicting.

Angie Fox said...

Isn't Lady adorable? The trick is that my husband is allergic to dog hair, so I have to find a doggie that doesn't shed (much). Jim really wants a bigger, German Shepherd-type dog, but they set off his allergies something crazy. So I'm thinking if Lady stays smaller...although it's hard to predict.

Roxy is adorable. Loved those pictures of her. And outlaw dogs are good. They keep you on your toes. ;)

Angie Fox said...

And did I say more than five and then list only five? See? My brain is on edits. I need to goof off more.

Jess Granger said...

Hmmm, that's tough. You'd have to look at a labradoodle, or some sort of water dog then.