Thursday, September 10, 2009

Changes

I'll admit it...I have a few control issues. Not that I want to control another person's life, but I do seem to have a need to feel in charge of mine.

Well, that's not happening, folks!! Right now there are so many things up in the air, both with my career as an author (I'm waiting patiently to hear about the new book proposal...okay, maybe "patient" isn't exactly the right word! *g*), and with my day job. I see the potential for major changes, but I don't know what direction these changes might take me, or if and when they might happen. The uncertainty is driving me nuts, and since I'm not psychic like Ophelia, I tried the next best thing. I got out the Runes!!

Before I go on, let me explain. I'm strictly a novice and I only do readings for myself. Plus I stick to the simple spreads like the Three Sisters...past, present, and future.

So here's what my reading said today:

The first rune, representing the past or the problem at hand, was Kenaz. It is the symbol of controlled fire...energy and power. It can indicate good things are coming into ones life. It also stands for creativity and the importance of a positive attitude. Unfortunately, mine was reversed, so it meant the opposite of what I just mentioned. It indicated my vision has been clouded and a poor attitude has been plaguing me. In my opinion, pretty much on target.

The next rune, the present, or what course to take, was Jera...the harvest...the reaping of rewards. Sounds good doesn't it?? Except the harvest is reaped in its own time, not mine. In other words, whatever changes are lurking on the horizon will happen when the time is right and not before, no matter how much I wish it otherwise. (There we go with that "patience" thing again!!)

The last rune, the future, or the result if I follow the advice of the Runes, was Daeg. It's a symbol of growth and prosperity. To me, it's always meant a "new day" and it can mark a major change in life. But that change is slow in coming and one might not realize that it's even happening at the time. It's only when one looks back and sees how far they've come that they realize how much their life has changed.

I don't know...what do you think? My take on it is that the Runes are telling me to relax, look on the positive, and everything will work out in its own time!! Pretty good advice for anyone, isn't it???

That's all for now-have a terrific rest of the week!!

Best,
Shirley

4 comments:

Mary Ann DeBorde said...

Mary D

Honestly, I think you're right on the money with your interpretation! And the Runes did give you good advice, though the patience thing is still a drag (I'm the say way lol)

Personally, I have a very good feeling for you. I'm a wee bit psychic myself, the 11th child out of 17 Irish children :)

I've never tried the Runes, although the Tarot was surprisingly accurate a few times.

I wish you the absolute best of luck and hope you hear something positive very soon!

Casey said...

It's good advice, Shirley. Sometimes that's the hardest advice to take! Especially when it involves being patient. Fingers crossed for good news for you.

Ann Aguirre said...

I find tarot cards fascinating. So many patterns. So many ways to interpret. And the designs can be breathtaking.

Shirley Damsgaard said...

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!! And Mary D, thanks for telling me about your good vibes. I'll hang on to that thought!

I first got interested in the Runes after writing WITCH WAY. I still have to look up the meanings, but they do seem to make sense to me. (I use the book by Lisa Peschel)

Funny thing, depending on the question, the same Runes often pop up. For example, I've always felt any ability that I have when it comes to creating stories is inherited from my dad's side of the family. As a result, when it's a query about writing, Othel, the Rune meaning inheritance, will often come up in the reading. And whenever it does, I always see it as a positive sign. Unless, of course, it's surrounded by Runes in the reversed position. Not good when that happens!!!