Saturday, October 17, 2009

Books 'n Boos!

What could be more perfect for an author who writes books set in cemeteries than to sign books in a cemetery?

I had the chance–and a perfect book signing–at Monroe Street Cemetery in Cleveland this past Sunday thanks to the Monroe Street Cemetery Foundation, a dedicated group of volunteers who work to keep the 13-acre cemetery clean and in good repair. These people are amazing! Each year, they host a "Meet the Neighbors" day and this year, the theme was Crime & Punishment.

They welcomed 200 or so of the curious and guided them around the cemetery, with costumed re-enactors telling tales of days gone by. It was a blast, especially since Monroe Street is the scene of "Dead Man Talking," my newest book.
This week, I've already been in Indianapolis at Bouchercon, the World Mystery Conference, but I’m back and today (Saturday) I'll be at Parmatown Mall (Parma, Ohio) for Ohio Paranormal Writers day. Should be fun, and guests include Mary Ann Winkowski, the woman on whom the Ghost Whisperer TV series is based. I’ll be there from 12-4, so come on over, keep me company and pick up a copy of "Dead Man Talking."

It was mighty cold at Monroe Street Cemetery, but that didn't put a damper on a great event!

3 comments:

Rosie said...

I grew up in Cleveland and absolutely love your books!!! I finish one and anxiously await the next. :-) And if I still lived there, I'd be right at Parmatown Mall to meet you!! Maybe someday you can make it out to my new home in Vegas.

Casey said...

Actually, Rosie, I'm working on a proposal for a series set in Vegas. I may need to ask some research questions one of these days!

Rosie said...

That would be very cool. Not that I'm a Vegas expert by any means, but I'd be more than happy to answer any questions!!! :-)