Tuesday, October 20, 2009

If I Had One Wish, I'd Be a Witch

Something Wicked would like to welcome Roxanne Rhoads! She's the author of Eternal Desire.

Liz Beth, a paranormal researcher, is haunted by the seductive vampire, Quillon, who may or may not be real. She arrives in New Orleans the week of Halloween to search for the elusive vampire of her dreams and instead encounters a handsome stranger, Christien, with whom she begins a passionate affair.

Soon she is torn between her dream lover and a flesh and blood man, both of whom are a mystery to her. The closer it gets to Halloween the wilder things become. LizBeth gets closer to the truth about Quillon while Christien has her under his own spell.

Will all be revealed at the Vampyre Ball or will the masks stay in place? In New Orleans at Halloween anything is possible.

Here's Roxanne in her own words:

When I was little I wanted to grow up and be a witch. I was so sure that when I turned thirteen I would come into my powers (I read that in a book) and I was so disappointed when my thirteenth birthday came and went and no powers came my way. I kept hoping that maybe I was just going to be a late bloomer but no such luck.

See I really loved the show Bewitched and the books…I devoured anything and everything that had anything supernatural in it. Even if it just hinted at being supernatural, like the old Gothic romances that would lead you into scary situations that always ended up having a human element. Didn't care, I loved the spooky story.

My own scary ending though, well, to this day I can't really say that I've come into my powers. Now if you ask my husband he'd probably say something totally different. He would comment on my seemingly unnatural scent capabilities or my acute hearing (I chalk that up to supersonic mommy hearing, we have to be able to hear our babies wherever they are, the scent thing maybe I'm part bloodhound). Or he might even mention how I always seem to know things, things I shouldn't know like when he's planning a surprise for me or what gift he's buying. Honestly there's nothing supernatural there either he just really sucks at keeping a secret. LOL.

Even if those are my super powers or my witch capabilities I personally was hoping for something a little flashier. Like being able to twitch my nose and the house is clean or wave my hand and dinner is ready. Now those are powers that would come in handy to a super busy mom of three who also happens to be a writer and would much rather be writing than cooking or cleaning.

Anyway there's that old saying about "those who can't, teach". In my case it's "those who aren't, write about those who are." : So most of my stories are of the supernatural persuasion-ghosts, werewolves, demons, and most of all vampires and…witches.

In my newest release there are no witches though the main character, LizBeth, is a paranormal researcher with a few talents of her own-like the ability to see and communicate with ghosts. Her shadowy vampire also has some unique magic up his sleeve.

Eternal Desire is available in ebook format at EternalPress.ca, BarnesandNoble.com and Fictionwise.com and will be available in print at Amazon.com.

Would you like to win a signed print copy of Eternal Desire?

To enter answer this question:
If you could only have one magickal ability what would it be? For instance seeing the future, reading minds, talking to the dead, etc.

Me, I'd like to be able to move things with my mind. It would be so easy to rearrange a room and I wouldn't have to recruit the whole family for all that heavy lifting.
Make sure to leave email contact info. US shipping only please.

21 comments:

sarabelle said...

hmmmmmm a magical power. I do beleive i would choose a power that would allow me to snap my fingers and jump from 1 place to another. Vacationing would be so much easier this way.
Great post today the book sounds great. Thanks

elnice said...

I always wanted to be a witch too. I would want to be able to blink places, like in bewitched. Blink to the beach, blink to Venice for lunch, blink home to change. My favorite part would be mixing potions though. Mixing the herbs and creating magic.

Angie Fox said...

Welcome Roxanne! It's great to have you here.

If I could choose a magical power, I'd have to go with the ability to stop time. It would be nice to have a few extra hours whenever I needed them. :)

CrystalGB said...

I would want the power to heal sickness and injuries.

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Crystal you make us all look bad- we're wishing for selfish powers while you want to help others.

Great thought though, I didn't even think about healing as being a magickal power.

Rosie said...

I'd love to be able to talk to the dead. Not only the newly dead, but those dead from long ago. It would be neat to not only talk to famous people, but relatives that died before I was born, or that I was too young to remember.

donnas said...

Moving things with your mind would be cool. But I think I would like to teleport. No more travel time, no more waiting in traffic. It would save so much time in a day.

bacchus76 at myself dot com

ktshabatie said...

I'd love to be invincible - and therefore live forever. :] Please enter me!

ktshabatie (at) gmail (dot) com

Maggie Dove said...

It would be wonderful to be a witch, no more housework! I always loved those episodes of Bewitched! Congratulations on your release, Roxanne. It sounds like a super read and definitely on my list!

Maggie Dove
www.maggiedove.net

jeanette8042 said...

I would choose the magical power of teleportation! I would love to use this power to travel to different places!

Kat Bryan said...

I would love to be able to 'get on my broom' and travel instantly from place to place. There are so many things in the world I would love to see.

winterset AT peoplepc.com

T. said...

I would like to be able to make time stand still or slow down. There just aren't enough hours in the day! Maybe give us even more time to discover cures, catch up on sleep, get ahead at work, or even read more :) Have a great day!

T. finalcutediting@yahoo.com

Linda Henderson said...

I would like to be able to touch people and know what is wrong with them. Not specifically heal, although that would be great, but be able to tell doctor's how to treat people. Being able to wave your hands and have a clean house wouldn't be bad either on a more self serving note.

Roxanne Rhoads said...

I think I want all the powers...

Yes I am being so greedy but they all sound like fab powers and if you have one you'll want another... just like cookies. LOL.

ddurance said...

What about the ability to read super fast, like an entire book in five minutes or less? I could go through my tbr pile so much faster. lol

Deidre
deidre_durance at hotmail dot com

katsrus said...

I would love the power go places. Just close my eyes and be somewhere else. Your book sounds wonderful. Can't wait to read it.

katsrus@gmail.com

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Thank you all for the comments and thanks to Angie and the Wicked Authors of this blog for having me as a guest today, it's been wonderful.

s7anna said...

I would like the ability to read minds.

Andrea said...

Magical power I would like is to read minds. The book is definitely going on my TBB list.

I'm glad I saw your post on the eXcessica Digest.


ainfinger@comcast.net

Sue (okibi_insanity) said...

I would love to read minds. I would have less time studying for my exams and more time to read books.

Sue
okibi_insanity[at]yahoo[dot]com

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Andrea is the winner.

Thank you all for dropping by and entering the contest.