Monday, October 5, 2009

A new definition of busy

I wrote out a list of everything I have to do.

I included the day to day things I have to do, like changing diapers and feeding the dog, then moved on to the list of things I need to do to finish settling into the house. I kept that list at a minimum, just the things that really need to be done done asap. I listed the phone calls I need to make, and the writing tasks I have yet to do.

I have over 115 things on my list.

Over one hundred.

I'm afraid I'm going to break at this pace. I can't stop. I can't rest. I didn't put this blog post on my list yesterday, and guess what? I forgot to put it up until today. (Sorry guys!)

You know what kills me? Very little on that list has anything to do with me.

Only one thing really is for me, and that's getting my hair cut.

Actually, that is also for others seeing as how my hair is getting a little scary. If my split ends count as forked tongues, I'm pretty sure I've got Medusa beat in the hairdo department.

So here are the things I wish were on my list.

Get a full body massage.
Have someone feed me breakfast in bed.
Hire a chauffeur and a maid
And a nanny
And a cook
And a gardener
And a handyman
And a butler
And a really cute pool boy. (Oh, wait, I don't have a pool. Ooops.)
Eat cheesecake, preferably frozen and dipped in chocolate
Watch my favorite shows
Read a book
Take a bubble bath
Get a full night's sleep

Ah, that would be nice.

Why can't that be my list? What's on yours?

Jess

4 comments:

ClothDragon said...

My dream goal for the day is getting a nice long hot shower. Physical Therapy was hard on my shoulders today and they seem to want to attach themselves to my ears. I still haven't decided if I'm going to chance the children playing nicely together long enough to make it worthwhile or if I need to wait for hubby to get home.

Angie Fox said...

See, the trick is to write lists and give them to your husband...or your kids. I'm still working on how to do this and make it stick, but it'll be huge once I figure it out. ;)

Angie Fox said...

See, the trick is to write lists and give them to your husband...or your kids. I'm still working on how to do this and make it stick, but it'll be huge once I figure it out. ;)

Jess Granger said...

I think my hubby got a little wake up call just looking at my list. He's been very nice and supportive ever since, and even folded the laundry.