Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pinkie bites it (and a winner)

Before my woes, a winner:

ZenMom


Email me to collect your winnings. You can click on my profile here to find my email.

Anyway, moving on, I've had this Ibook for about four years now. I bought it used on Mercado Libre. It's been repaired three times already. The last time, I swore I'd never replace her. But she's been dying slowly for a while now. There comes a point in every old computer's life when you just can't keep them going anymore. I've been paranoid about working on her; I'm afraid she'll fail unexpectedly, so I email my work to myself at night. At this point, I think even I am forced to admit it's time for me to buy a new Mac. No, it won't be Pinkie, but it'll be new and shiny. I think I can surrender the superstition that it was Pinkie's magic that let me write my books. Surely a new Mac will do the job just as well?

I already know which one I want: the white Macbook. But here's my problem. If I buy it here, it will have a Spanish keyboard. That slows my typing way down and I can never remember how to make the @ sign. You have to hit three different keys at once.

Which means I need to buy my new Mac in the States. But I don't have any trips planned until April. Clearly, I can't go that long without a usable laptop. I do have a netbook but it's too small for heavy workload. It's best for travel and checking emails. Making a special trip to the States to buy my Mac now will add the cost of the trip to the price tag. I'm not sure I'm down with that.

We do have a Best Buy here now, though. Do you think they could special order me one with a US keyboard layout? It seems like maybe they could. That'd be best, if so. I don't really want to pay for a trip just to get a new laptop.

Anyway, that's what's on my mind right now. I also turned in Shady Lady this week, did copyedits for Hell Fire & I saw a sneak peek at my cover art for the UK version of Blue Diablo, very dark and sexy.

What's going on with you guys?

1 comment:

e_booklover said...

I am finally getting a chance to read and enjoy Doubleblind! I bought it release week and work has kept me so busy I didn't have a chance yet. BTW I read the excerpt in the back first :D! Can't wait!