Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Do You Believe? (The Sequel)




Our instructions were really pretty simple:



#1 Stay together with your investigation group. After all, we were in a city cemetery in the middle of the night. It would be easy to get turned around, and easier still to slip or trip on a headstone hidden under the fallen leaves.



#2 Don’t provoke. Although a lot of paranormal investigators use this technique–trying to rile the spirits to get some response–the Shadowseekers group we were with doesn’t believe in annoying the dead.



#3 If we saw a dark shadow...walk away from it, not toward it.

And so our paranormal investigation continued!



Last week, I promised an update on my husband's EVP work. He walked the cemetery with a digital recorder, hoping to get evidence of sounds or voices that we couldn’t hear with our ears. Well, the investigation lasted 2 ½ hours, and I listened to all 2 ½ hours of that recording. Didn’t hear a thing, except David crunching through the leaves and saying to himself, "What’s wrong with me? Here I am in the middle of the night, in a cemetery, talking to myself."



Three cheers for investigators who have the patience to listen to these sorts of recordings routinely. I found it tedious to the extreme!



I, on the other hand, was walking along with Tammie, the head of Shadowseekers, and taking photos. I did take some that were interesting. Are they spirits? I really can’t say. I can say that I’m logical and rational (most of the time) enough to know that what I’ve captured on some of these photos might be dust of moisture that I’m looking at as orbs. And the mists? Well, I guess they could be someone’s breath, though with holding a digital camera far enough away to see the screen, that seems unlikely to me. I’ll let you decide.



I can say that paranormal investigations are fun and fascinating. Can’t wait to do it again!

4 comments:

Angie Fox said...

Okay let me just say I'd have no trouble sticking with my investigative group. In fact, I'd probably be cowering behind one or all of them. That had to be spooky as heck.

How did you hook up with this group? As much of a chicken as I am, I'd love to do something like that.

Casey said...

Actually, Angie, it wasn't scary at all. I'm not sure why, I guess it should have been. I think I was too fascinated with the process to worry about what we might encounter. And when I saw those misty photos on my camera, I couldn't have been more excited!

Actually, I was invited along on this investigation thanks to my Pepper Martin mysteries. Can't wait to do another one!

Rosie said...

Wow, Casey, you are so lucky. I'd love to do a paranoramal research trip. My sister-in-law and I wanted to go down to the Mansfield Penitentary (supposedly haunted) and also Squire's Castle. She's into this as much as I. Maybe next trip back home I'll have to really do it! Thanks for the great blog post.

Casey said...

I've heard that Mansfield is one, scary place. And you can do a tour that stays overnight! Not sure I'm that brave. I have been to Squire's Castle. Got photos of many, many orbs there. I know there are investigators who pay orbs no mind, but they make for cool pictures!