Monday, November 30, 2009

A New Definition of Busy

Hello, holiday rush,

I really can't say I've missed you. I usually put aside most writing tasks during the holidays, because I know me. I don't ever get anything done. I love this time of year, and usually my time is spent entertaining, cooking, cleaning, decorating, and doing a ton of other holiday tasks that just don't happen unless I do them.

It's funny how I just can't let them go. I'm not willing to not have a holiday because I threw in the towel. And so I trudge on with a cheery heart.

I do love this time of year and I take great pride in what I consider all the creative endeavors of the holidays, from inventing a new twist on cranberry sauce, to decorating cookies.

But all that expended creative energy leaves me completely drained, and I just can't seem to write.

So how do you do it? Who out there gets more productive this time of year?

Any tips on streamlining the endless holiday tasks?

Jess

No comments: