Thursday, November 12, 2009

Think Positive

The last six weeks of my life have contained some real highs (acceptance of the new book proposal) and some lows (that sciatica I mentioned a few weeks ago??? Seems it's being caused by a herniated disc pinching a nerve, and the only treatment at this point is surgery. Next Monday at 10:45...not a big deal...overnight at the hospital followed by a four week recovery.) Anyway, as I sail into this, I've been trying to focus on what I appreciate most in my life, and since Thanksgiving is right around the corner asking the same question of you seemed appropriate.

So that's the question...what are you most thankful for? Post a comment and be entered to win a signed copy of THE WITCH'S GRAVE. I'll announce the winner next week. (Yes, by then I will be up and about!)

Take care and have a good one!!

Best,
Shirley

11 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I have book 1 and 6 so no need to enter me.

I am most thankful for my health, and I hope that keeps up since I just get so scared reading the newspaper about the flu.
Also for my cute bf and my family

Diane said...

I'm thankful for my family for all the support when I was in the hospital for 12 days in the last 2 years.

And for my wonderful doctors that finally figured out what the cause was both times.

RKCharron said...

Hi Shirley
I hope everything goes well and you are back on feet in no time!
Love & Best Wishes,
RKCharron
xoxo
PS - I'm thankful all my children are healthy and smart (& what with going to school, getting smarter ... now if I can just get them wiser...)
:)

Angie Fox said...

Hey all, I have the book too. But what I'm most thankful for is my family, friends and awesome writing buddies. I don't know what I'd do some days without a great support network.

Oh and at the moment, I'm also thankful for Baked Lays BBQ chips. And yes, I know it's 9:45 a.m., but they're very yummy.

Daelith said...

I'm thankful to be as blessed as I am. I have a good husband, a roof over my head, food to eat and a job. I'm also thankful to our service men and women who do so much us for so little.

Good luck with the back surgery.

No entry in the drawing for me.

Lisa D said...

I'm thankful for my neighbors and friends who supplied me with oodles of chocolates and bakery during a little health scare I recently had.

I'm also thankful for my husband for supporting and encouraging me. He rocks! :-)

Casey said...

Thankful I have good friends like you, Shirley! And wishing you the best with the surgery. Will be sending good vibes your way!

jeanette8042 said...

I'm most thankful for my wonderful family who have supported me all my life and continue to do so, even when things get tough!

Linda Henderson said...

What I am most thankful for this year is that my granddaughter is here with us after a rocky start. She was born at 23 weeks weighing 1 lb. 2.7 oz. and was 11 1/2 inches long. They gave us no hope for her to survive before she was born. She came out fighting and our little miracle girl came home to us after 4 months in the NICU. So I am most thankful for the miracle of her birth.

Wanda said...

I would love to be entered in your draw. Thanks.
wandanamgreb(at)gmail(dot)com

Sue (okibi_insanity) said...

I am most thankful for my friends and my family. They have supported me through the ups and downs of my life.

Sue
okibi_insanity[at]yahoo[dot]com