Friday, December 4, 2009

Black Friday....where I was LAST week.

It has been a week since the Black Friday insanity. How many of you were out by 4 a.m.? 5? 6? My mother and I got to Walmart around 6:20 a.m.--not that crazy for me since I am up by 6 pretty much every morning anyway. What was insane was 1.) the line to get in...Yes, they were keeping people from entering because the store was over capacity and 2.) the complete lack of deals.

The second is what annoyed me. In the past there have been bins of things like DVDs and bargain video games sitting in the aisles. Not this year, and the one thing I really came for was already sold out. Oh, and the line!! That may actually have been the problem. It was so long it wrapped around the store touching about every aisle. You couldn't get through it or around it. This completely blocked any real shopping.

We left empty handed and headed to Target.
Target was better. The line was easy to stomach and there were a FEW sales. I won't say deals because I really don't think you could use that term fairly, BUT on checkout we did get a rebate gift card (mine was $10). That was nice.

From there we headed to Toys 'r us (them of the accidental double charging--anyone get hit with that?), Barnes and Noble (We actually got there and realized it was before 9 a.m. We had to come back.) and JoAnn's Fabrics. All said and done, I got a lot of presents, but I did not feel like I got any real deals and I really felt like merchants left money on the table by not having good sales and not having enough stock.

What about you? Did you hit Black Friday deals? How about Cyber Monday? How do you feel about the Christmas spending season so far?

2 comments:

Casey said...

No Black Friday for me. Can't stand the thought of being in those kinds of crowds. Can't think of one deal--on anything--that would make me do it!

Lori Devoti said...

Well, I also in past lives have had an addiction to both auctions and garage sales. It's in my blood! :)
Lori