Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blogging...something else to feel guilty about

I have a huge talent for guilt. I feel guilty that I'm not writing. I feel guilty that I ate an extra piece of chocolate. I feel guilty that I didn't jog...that my bathrooms are disgusting...that my kids aren't all shiny and sweet smelling. And now with the age of the Internet I get to feel guilty that I don't blog.

Lovely, isn't it?

See, I'm supposed to blog here every Friday. You will notice if you go back in time that I've missed a couple of day, and a few others slipped to Saturday or Sunday. You will also notice that other authors here have missed, but somehow that doesn't lessen my guilt. Because, you know, I'm supposed to do better. Hmmm....I'm thinking I can pin this guilt onto some elementary teacher in my past...or my mother. Mothers are always good for such things.

Now, if it was just this blog it would be that bad, but wander by my personal blog...there are dust bunnies the size of my car roaming around there. Or Shapeshifterromance. I actually told them I was going to leave because I was so bad and they said no, don't worry about it. I still feel guilty. Then there is the Nocturne blog at eHarlequin, my LiveJournal...and probably more I am forgetting. None hear from me more than sporadically. Let's face it, I just stink at blogging. But I'm swell at signing up for them.

So, this is a public warning for anyone thinking of asking me to participate in a group blog on a regular basis--Don't. It will save me some guilt and you having to clean up all those dust bunnies.

How about you? What do you do to set yourself up for guilt?

1 comment:

Blodeuedd said...

Hm, well I do feel pretty guilty for neglecting LJ and my buddies over there. Cos I am mostly on blogger and with my new buddies