Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Go on Pirate's Journey and win lots 'o loot!

If you read this blog regularly, you know I have a bit of an addiction to Facebook. It's an obsession, really. Then my lovely friend Shawntelle introduced me to Vampire Wars, Mafia Wars, Fishville, and...well, let's just say it's not pretty.

But it is a lot of fun. And it started me thinking: Wouldn't it be fun to start a Facebook application that lets me give prizes to my readers? Or anybody who plays the game, really. So here's the scoop - in honor of the release of A Tale of Two Demon Slayers, I've created a custom Facebook adventure for Pirate, the dog.

It's called Pirate's Journey and it follows our favorite Jack Russell Terrier on a cross-country road trip as he tracks an Elvis-impersonating demon. Players collect items like strips of bacon and jars of biker witch magic; they help brew spells to earn money; and players who complete the journey get a prize code that they can redeem for signed cover flats, Kiss My Asphalt biker witch t-shirts, and even chocolate turtles (in homage to the toasted turtle knees that the biker witches use in so many of their spells).

So check out Pirate's Journey, and hit the road with Pirate and the biker witches!

5 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I am a horrible FB addict so I am heading over at once ;)

Shawntelle Madison said...

Angie, I will have you know that you could have "glanced" at the game and closed it after a sneak peek. It's not my fault you kept playing. (Ummm like me.) LOL

It was a blast making this game with you Angie! Good luck to all the biker witches and biker dudes who ride out with Pirate.

Shawntelle

donnas said...

So cool!

Angie Fox said...

No, sir. It is Shawntelle's fault that I am on level 72 of Vampire Wars. I just need to figure out how, but I will. After I play some more Vampire Wars...

Angie Fox said...

Seriously, check it out. Shawntelle did an amazing job. I'm so glad I have awesomely brilliant friends.