Monday, January 11, 2010

Let's Spread Some Love

You know,

Times have been kinda hard lately. For a lot of people that last statement is entirely too flippant to begin to take in their situation. Things are hard. Everyone seems to be stressed by something lately.

The question is, how do we respond?

As a romance reader, I tend to be an optimist, and I know I'm not alone in that. I want to believe everything will work out for the best in the end. I want to believe that everyone will be happy.

I know that is unrealistic. Not everyone will be happy. Not everyone can be happy. Happy isn't something that happens to you, it is a part of you. I believe happiness and love fill our spirits so we can shine in this world, and those good things will be what we carry to whatever lies beyond.

It's so easy in times of trouble to turn away from happiness and love. They seem like currency that we don't have enough of. As stress builds, so does anger, resentment, and hostility.

But all of those things will only crush us. There is only one person in this world we can control, and she looks back at you from your mirror. So when the world is dark and angry, the only weapons we have are understanding, patience, forgiveness, hope, and love.

As 2010 unfolds, I promise to give out as much goodness as I can. I wish it could be in the form of money, but alas, I don't seem to have any either. LOL

What I do have is love.

I plan to give it freely.

Who do you love out there, and why? Let's spread a little appreciation.

Jess

No comments: