Thursday, January 21, 2010

THE SEVENTH WITCH


Next Tuesday, January 26th is a big day for me. THE SEVENTH WITCH will hit the bookstores! And back in 2004, when I signed my first contract for Ophelia and Abby, if anyone would have told me that the series would go this far, I'd have been amazed...and a little scared. I don't think I'd have had enough faith in myself to believe that I could write seven books.

But you know, like all journeys, one step has led to another, and I've been incredibly fortunate enough to meet the right person, at the right time. From my agent and editor to all the people who've generously given of their time to answer research questions, without them, I never would've been able to create this series. They've each put their stamp on Ophelia and Abby.

So without much ado, let's celebrate!! Post a comment, any comment, and your name will be entered in a drawing to win a signed copy of THE SEVENTH WITCH! AND, since this is the seventh book, you have seven chances to win!! That's right...I'm giving away seven copies! I'll announce the winners next Thursday.

That's it for now-see you next week!!

Best,
Shirley

24 comments:

Elie said...

I have not heard of your series before, I stopped because I was drawn to the cover. I love witchy stories!! Going now to check out the first 6 books.
Congratulations!

Elie said...

Is Witch Way to Murder the first one? (I've got a Gift Card burning a hole in my pocket:)

Lisa said...

I love this series and hope there will be more in the future.

CrystalGB said...

Congratulations on your upcoming release. I would love to read it. :)

Zita said...

Wow! 7 is a great number :-). I just finished re-reading the first six books so I'm ready for this one!

Blodeuedd said...

Congrats!! Fun week for you soon :D
Oh I wanna be entered

Lori Devoti said...

Shirley, I love that cover! Love it! Congrats. :)
Lori

Rosie said...

Hi Shirley, I'm a big fan of your Ophelia and Abby series and can't wait for the new one. Thanks for offering it up in a contest!!

donnas said...

Congrats on the release! This is one of my favorite series. I just love the characters.

Jane said...

Congrats on the upcoming release, Shirley.

Diane P said...

Can't wait for it to come out. The others are keepers since I love paranormal mysteries.

Shirley Damsgaard said...

Thanks, guys, for all the comments and for the best wishes!! I'll announce the winners next week!

Yes, Elie, WITCH WAY is the first in the series. And if you use your gift card, hope you enjoy!!!!

elaing8 said...

Congrats on the release
please count me in

Andrea I said...

Congratulations on the upcoming release. I'm not familiar with your series, but am checking it out.

Spav said...

Congrts on the release. I can't wait to read this one.

Linda Henderson said...

Congratulations on you new release. I hope there are many more to come.

Casey said...

Congratulations on the new book, Shirley! Great cover!!

Dori said...

I am always looking for good books to read and am glad I ran across yours. I will be getting them as soon as I can! Thanks.

mariska said...

You are a new Author for me : ) Congrats for the up coming release !

Roxanne Rhoads said...

I love this series, have read every one, even shared the books with my mom and my ten year old daughter-both who have fallen in love with the series too.

I can't wait to read number 7, it's been on my wish list for awhile.

Please enter me.

Thanks.

RoxanneRhoads @ aol. com

Baltimore Kate said...

I have been looking for a new "O & A" book! Am glad The Seventh Witch is coming out, I hope I win a copy because it would be especially wonderful considering I have just re-read the first six! But I'll certainly buy a copy if I'm not one of the six! I hope you do carry on the series in the future--when you've had a break--thanks for writing!

sapphire_tessier said...

Can't wait for the book to come out. I love this series. i love the cover is beautiful ;)

Virginia Gruver said...

Been waiting impatiently to spend more time with Abby and Ophelia

Elaine said...

This has been a favorite series of mine, Shirley, and I'm so excited to read this 7th installment!!!! Will there be more? I hope so!!!!