Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Real love - will you read?

Harlequin has just announced new line of reality based romance stories. The books will be based on real couples and how they met and fell in love. Harlequin will pair the couples with a writer who will pen "their story."

Naturally, there will be no paranormals in the mix, but despite that obvious drawback, I find the whole idea fascinating.

Who doesn't love the idea of real life happily ever after? Or do you think the reality of romance will spoil the fantasy?

5 comments:

台灣 said...

最豐滿最好之稻穗,便最貼近地面..............................

Blodeuedd said...

Hm..perhaps, hard to say, I would have to see. Cos I do like some drama

Angie Fox said...

Well that's what I'm thinking too. I do love my reality tv. I'm wondering how much they'll show and how much they'll edit. Because you can't hide what happens on camera, but you can re-tell a story to an author in a new way. And do the couples have a final say re: the manuscript?

Sarah said...

It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure how well it would work. I guess it will depend on the couples they use. I guess I'd try reading 1 or 2 & see how I got on with them. I have a feeling they will be really good or really terrible LOL

Sharon said...

I read for the escape into something fantastic and unreal. I love the wit and action in paranormal stories.
If I want a true love story, I can read that in the feature section of the local paper. They are great to read, but I wouldn't pay for it.

Of course I am not a true romantic. I like the sassy, pain in the rump, "oh, no, you did not just go there!" character's in the paranormal romance/mysteries .