Monday, February 22, 2010

Stuck in Between

It was foggy today.

That isn't such a big deal, but for the first time it was warm enough that some of the snowfall I talked about last week melted off. Icicles are melting instead of growing, and patches of grass are coming out from beneath their blanket of snow.

The snow itself is dingy, covered with dirt and mud sprayed from the slick roads. It is the most miserable time of year, that time between seasons.

I can't help feeling stuck.

It's no fun being stuck in the middle. I am a middle child between two brothers, so I know exactly how awkward and uncomfortable the middle can be. After all, no one volunteers to sit in the middle of a bench seat, you just grin and bear it.

So here I sit, stuck between projects, stuck between seasons, stuck between what I want to do and what I have to do.

All I can see all around me is mucky snow and mud.

But it's okay, because I'm still moving forward, and for anyone who has lived in Ohio, you know what comes after mucky snow?

Tulips.

Bring 'em on. I'm ready for some change.

Jess

2 comments:

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

The pictures of tulips I've seen are quite pretty. I hope you get lots of them this spring. {SMILE}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Jess Granger said...

I can't wait to go to the zoo/botanical gardens as soon as the tulips are blooming. It should be awesome.