Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Pat's!

It's 5:30 in the morning, and my husband, David, and I are headed out the door. Why? Every year for St. Patrick's Day, his sister hosts a corned beef and cabbage breakfast on her front lawn. Neighbors stop in. Cops drive by and honk and wave. Total strangers stare at us in amazement. Are we insane? Probably. But rain or shine or snow (and there have been plenty of snowy days), we're there starting the day with a unique tradition.

The soda bread is waiting. Happy St. Pat's!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I didn't know they made a 5:30 in the morning! Wow, hope I never need to use one .

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

That does sound like a neat tradition. I hoep it goes well this year. {SMILE}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Rosie said...

Now THAT's the way to celebrate St. Pat's. Did you make it to the parade too?