Monday, April 12, 2010

Playing Dress Up

Hi everyone,

RT is right around the corner, and that means I get to go to dress up parties! I'm excited. I'm going to start my fairy costume tonight. I have no idea how it is going to turn out, but I guess we'll see. I feel like there's a lot of prep work that is going to go into this convention.

I'm already helping to host the Intergalactic Bar and Grille party, and I'll be making little balloon aliens as decorations for all the tables. They should be really cute, but Saturday night I was up drawing out designs on baggies and organizing my balloons so I don't have to spend all of Wednesday in my hotel room blowing up balloons.

Hopefully plans for the fairy costume will go smoothly. It's a bit of an ambitious project. I also have to fix my fangs for the paranormal ball, and decide if I really want to pull out any old dresses and go to the "prom."

I've got lunches and dinners already planned with new writer's friends, and I know it is only the beginning. We'll be blogging about all the RT craziness coming up, (I promise pictures) but I just can't wait.

I love a good costume party, and this should be a good one. Who is coming to the convention? Do you have any plans for costumes? What are you most looking forward to?

BTW: I'll be at Club RT at 10:00 AM Thursday and Friday. Please stop by and say hello!

Hope to see you there!

Jess

3 comments:

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

Have fun! {Smile}

Those sound like interesting costumes. Will you post pictures for folks like me, who can't go? {hopful Smile}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Jess Granger said...

Oh, there will be pictures! :)

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

Oh goody! I'm looking forward to seeing those costumes, and for me, pictures are the way to do it. {REALLY BIG GRIN}