Monday, May 3, 2010

Back from RT!

Hi everyone,

I'm exhausted. It was go, go, go for the last five days, now I'm in cleanup mode. It's funny how it takes a while to recover from these conferences. I have to unpack, clean up everything, and sort through all the terrible pictures I took.

Oh, I have blackmail, people.

I didn't mean to. I'm just a terrible photographer. I try so hard to get a cute picture, and everyone always ends up having a silly look on their face.

I did get a couple of cute ones from RT this year. Most of them were taken by other people though. I don't know how to get around it.

I can take pictures of butterflies fine, but people? I'm a shutter-gimp.

At least we've moved into the era of digital photography, so I can take a million terrible pictures without guilt. In the early days, I would have taken a picture thinking it was great, only to develop it later and be terribly disappointed. Now I can click away with no concern for wasting film. I think that development in camera technology alone has led to better picture taking.

But not for me. I still shoot the bad ones. If you see me with a camera, beware.

I missed my calling as a tabloid photographer.

Can anyone help me out? Do you have any tips on improving my camera wielding skills?

In other news, Beyond the Shadows hits bookshelves tomorrow. So go forth and enjoy!

Happy reading everyone,

Jess

4 comments:

Steph said...

Hi, I also blog on "Urban Fantasy and the Paranormal in literature, film popular culture or wherever I find it." Sadly, I don't know what RT indicates. There is a lot to learn in this genre.

My blog is www.fangswandsandfairydust.com

Jess Granger said...

RT is short hand for the Romantic Times Booklover's convention that just took place last week in Columbus, OH.

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

I'm glad you had fun there. {SMILE}

Dad claims that the trick to being a good photographer is taking lots of pictures, and not being afraid to throw out the bad ones. I don't know... I think a good eye and quick hand help as well. I'm not sure I have the quick hand, myself. {lop-sided smile}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Jess Granger said...

I know! People would look cute, and I'd intend to take that picture, but by the time the thing flashes, they have a silly look on their faces.