Thursday, May 6, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

I had a great time at the Festival of Mystery!! It was wonderful seeing my friends from the Bayne Memorial Library (which to all you ghost hunters out there, happens to be haunted!); my author buds—Casey Daniels, Joanna Campbell Slan, Laura Bradford (who now is Elizabeth Lynn Casey), Ellen Crosby, Heather Webber; making new friends (my car compatriots, Sandra Parshall, Jenny White, and our fearless driver, Annette Dashofy. I know, Annette, hauling around a bunch of authors has to be a lot like trying to herd cats, but thanks for getting us where we needed to be, when we needed to be!! *g*), and of course meeting all the readers who attend this great event.

And where are the pictures of us having fun?? Umm...well...you see I did have my camera, and I did keep telling Casey that I needed to take a few pictures. But before I knew it, the event was over and my camera had stayed safely tucked in my purse the whole time!! Once again, a missed opportunity!! Ah well, you all are just going to have to take my word that everyone had a really good time!!

Now it's back to the real world...a little tired...a little crimped around the edges, but grateful that I had the opportunity to see everyone again!

What's next? A book signing this upcoming Saturday at Beaverdale Books, then it's on to DemiCon, the Iowa Sci/Fi convention, the following weekend. Maybe then I'll get a few pictures to share, maybe some with a Klingon, or even a Storm Trooper!!!

That's it for now—everyone have a great rest of the week!

Best,
Shirley

6 comments:

Sharon said...

forgot to take pictures? Oh, I get it, what happens at RT *stays at RT. I understand .

Casey said...

We did have a fabulous time. And since there are no pictures to prove otherwise, we also looked fabulous, too!!!

Sharon said...

I just noticed the title to your post and all I have to say is....jiggity jog! (tell me I got the reference right )

macbeaner said...

Uhhh. I slacked....I was supposed to take pics for BBB and my camera was buried under the books I bought. *blush*

It was great seeing you ladies again!

Shirley Damsgaard said...

Yes, Sharon, you have the reference right!!! My normal (?) time for writing this blog is about 4:30 in the morning, so I never know just what kind of title my poor little brain will come up with at that hour!! *g*

Macbeaner...it was great seeing you again, too!! And thanks once again for all the support over at Bitten by Books!! I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put in to connect us authors with the readers!!

And Casey, what can I say?? Of course we looked fabulous!! Lol!! All joking aside, you did look great in purple!!

Annette said...

Shirley, I thoroughly enjoyed being your driver for the day. I look forward to seeing you next year (if not sooner!)