Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Summer! Now What?

Hi everyone!

I'm finding a little bit of my childhood joy missing this morning. It is summer break for the most part, and my adult mind is telling me, I have to mow, and it's muggy outside, and it's just another day in a long string of days that slip away before I feel like anything has gotten done, and I'm losing time I don't have for nothing.

Sigh....

What the heck! Summer is meant to be celebrated, and I'm determined to get myself out of this funk by embracing my inner child.

So here are the things I'm going to do this summer just to remind myself I'm not entirely an adult.

Go to Disney World. (Thank you RWA Convention) and while I'm there I'm going to ride rides that make me giggle without worrying about diapers or where the nearest potty is, or who is thirsty, or when to put on sunscreen. I'm going to have a blast.

I'm going to go camping. Yay! While I'm there, I'll go fishing, make fires, play cards, draw pictures in the dirt with sticks, and roast a marshmallow.

Get in a water balloon fight.

Eat ice cream from a cone.

Make cupcakes for no reason.

Catch a firefly.

Read a book or nine.

Freeze orange juice in a cup then eat it with a spoon.

Do a cannonball into a pool.

Play croquet.

And eat watermelon as often as possible.

So how about you? What are your summer plans?

Jess

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I had my first summer watermelon last week! It was soooo sweet, cold and juicy. This summer I plan on keeping inside as much as possible . I hate the humid summers here in NC. I am a fall person. I love the chill in the air and the smell of fireplaces. I will spend this summer shuffling my two kids to camps and the pool. My oldest is taking the classroom part of drivers ed!! (when did that happen?) oh, and reading lots of books .

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

I don't have any specific plans. I expect we'll stay home, and see what mood takes us. {Smile}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Jess Granger said...

I'm not a big fan of humidity either, but after living in Florida, Ohio feels awesome.