Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dead or Alive?

Okay, I'm stealing this from my agent. She has a post up on Facebook today that asks the question: What four authors dead or alive would you want to have lunch with?

I really had to think about mine - do I go literary or who would I really like to sit down and have cheeseburger, er - salad, with?

Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite romances of all-time and I'd also love to ask her just what it was like to be a writer back when women didn't do that sort of thing
Stephen King - His book On Writing is amazing and full of fantastic stories. I want to hear a few more.
Anne Rice - Her books hooked me on vampires, witches and things that go bump in the night. Plus, I've read articles by her and she's a fascinating person.
Mary Janice Davidson - Her books make me laugh so hard that it hurts. I'd love to buy her lunch and tell her that.

So who would you pick? And thanks to Jessica Faust for making me think.

5 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Nice choices!

Hm, well JRR Tolkien cos he is a rolemodel.

Robert Jordan, because of the world he created.

Raymond E.Feist because I think Magician is the best book ever.

Frank Herbert because Dune is just so cool.

Ok only one living guy so far, and no women! Must fix that, so I will invite Janet Evanovich cos I am sure she can bring some laughs

Jes said...

1) J.K Rowling- Harry Potter Goddess! Enough said.
2) Richelle Mead- Beacause she hooked me on her books so much, I had to read other books in order to pacify my anticipation for her new books to come out.
3) Shirley Damsgaard- for making psyhcic witches seem amazingly cool and for making me want to visit my mom's hometown in the mountains of southern Virginia.
4) Edgar Allan Poe- simply because I want to know if he was as haunting in his everyday life as he was in his books.

Casey said...

I'm going to go with Toklien, Christie, Conan Doyle and Elizabeth Peters. I've actually interviewed EP (on the phone, alas, not in person) and she was as intelligent and delightful as I thought she'd be!

SandyG265 said...

J.K. rowling
Nina Kiriki Hoffman
Patricia Mckillip
Ray Bradbury

Sharon said...

wow, I can't even begin to imagine who I would want. Stephen King since he started me on the paranormal path. Poe, Terri Garey cause she just seems so fun and I can't think of a fourth right now, will go ponder. Love the book monument.